[SOLVED] import channel list from different country setting

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

[SOLVED] import channel list from different country setting

Post by beatfreak »

could anyone help me to check:
export current channel list to usb (use SamyGO Virt. USB if available, its faster)
look at the message box for the finished export: does it state your current country in last line?

now try to change all the country settings in your tv to a different country and language (make notes or pictures of the menus you are using in case you change to a language you don't know)
repeat the channel list export and check the country setting there again, has it changed?

download another firmware version, down/upgrade your firmware (you won't loose hack)
and do the channel list lang. check again..

with my version of 3011 the channel list lang has always been CZH
and after downgrading it was ITA
after every fw change i did a factory reset also and in plug&play setup i chose my native Country settings (Germany) and also checked every corrensponding option in advanced service menu to be set to ger

the main problem is: i cannot re-import my channel list from CZH/3011 with my current ITA/3009.2 (source http://uid.atnus.com/tmp/prog/tv/samsung/T-VALDEUC/ )
i tried replacing the CloneInfo file inside the scm (zip) archive, but without success had the wrong source, see bottom of post for workaround.

it seems that the firmware updates are still bound to a specific country although they can be used for all countries and also be set to all languages...

downgraded to 3005 : ITA
update to 3011: ITA
although everything has been set to ger...

in channel menu there is a point "country", after factory reset/ fw change it is also set to italy, but changing it doesn't affect anything

since the first fw change 3011 -> 3009.2 it stays on ITA
with first 3011 i had /mtd_rwarea/Version.0
with 3009.2 it was Version.1
with 3005 i didn't check since i was upgrading and hadn't to change it
now again with 3011 its still Version.1

does this mean i am running on the second fw image in flash?

to use an exported channel list scm file from another fw ver / country setting / maybe even tv model do the following:
- export a channel list with your current settings
- copy it to your pc and add .new.zip to the end of the filename

Code: Select all

b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo> md channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo> cd channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new/
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo> unzip ../channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new.zip
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> rm map*
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> rm ServiceProviders 
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> rm TSIDList 
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> rm RadioMap 
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> rm FineTune_Digital 
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> zip -u ../channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.old.zip
updating: CloneInfo (deflated 74%)
b3nz0l@BlackjackLNX:~/Downloads/smygo/channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.new> mv ../channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm.old.zip ../channel_list_UE40C6500_1001.scm

-copy it back to your USB-Drive (or via ftp to SamyVirtUSB) and reimport it

remaining question: How to change the country selection for analouge channels/the exported channel list?
Last edited by beatfreak on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
Mkò

Re: country specific settings in Firmware Updates (VALDEUC)

Post by Mkò »

It's normal if you change the option country in normal menu you can't import back a channel list exported with different settings. after firmware update the settings aren't change in addiction if you do a factory reset after firmware update you have to retune all of your channel.
It's different if you change options in service menu try to set options in service menu Local Set to EU_ALL or EU_ONLY if your tv it's an euro model. and verify that Region is set to PANEURO, than try to restore your channellist.
Other settings are infolink country that is related to internet tv.and pnp language that you can set to eng.but these arent related to channelist.
You can get the same problem if you change the model strings on service menu and try to import back channel list made with different model strings.
You can't swap channel list from different tv or made in the same tv with different settings.
Firmware aren't for specific language in my tv i install the 3017 downloaded from samsung AU and i'm in Eu and the settings doesn't changes.
To solve problem you have to change settings in normal menu select country then tv ask for a password it is 0000 if you don't change it and then you can set back to cz and reimport your channelist made with cz settings.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

Mk? wrote:It's normal if you change the option country in normal menu you can't import back a channel list exported with different settings. after firmware update the settings aren't change in addiction if you do a factory reset after firmware update you have to retune all of your channel.
It's different if you change options in service menu try to set options in service menu Local Set to EU_ALL or EU_ONLY if your tv it's an euro model. and verify that Region is set to PANEURO, than try to restore your channellist.
Other settings are infolink country that is related to internet tv.and pnp language that you can set to eng.but these arent related to channelist.
i already know this, no problems with restoring channellist
Mk? wrote: You can get the same problem if you change the model strings on service menu and try to import back channel list made with different model strings.
You can't swap channel list from different tv or made in the same tv with different settings.
yes, i can, tested it, the workaround i described works also for channellist C6000 -> C6500
Mk? wrote: Firmware aren't for specific language in my tv i install the 3017 downloaded from samsung AU and i'm in Eu and the settings doesn't changes.
To solve problem you have to change settings in normal menu select country then tv ask for a password it is 0000 if you don't change it and then you can set back to cz and reimport your channelist made with cz settings.
and exactly this doesn't do what it is supposed to do, after fw update / factoy reset the value is back to italy but even if i change this, retune all my channels and export the channellist again the chllst is exported with country ita, even if i set uk/cz/ger/whatever in country menu.
beatfreak wrote:In channel menu there is a point "country", after factory reset/ fw change it is also set to italy, but changing it doesn't affect anything
EDIT: seems to be an issue with FW-Downgrading via Version.# method, i think the most current fw stores its settings somewhere in flash where they are not affected by downgrades and older fws are not fully compatible with these settings / have problems to change these.
I upgraded to v3015 wich is the most current ever installed on my tv and then the described changes in menu were effective, i also had a new menu item to set the country for digital channels and not only analouge
what a shame that i'll have to go back to 3011 to have unencrypted recordings... :?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
Mkò

Post by Mkò »

Try to use 0000 fw for downgrade instead of manual way.
"what a shame that i'll have to go back to 3011 to have unencrypted recordings..." i agree with you is such a shame that no one update the patch for newer fw.
fa610

Re: [SOLVED] import channel list from different country setting

Post by fa610 »

hello, it´s an old thread, I know...

In my case...Tried to Import channellist, but due to "country infos" without luck.

Than exported a channellist, opened it with winrar and copied the "Digital_Country" Value from the metadata.xml file to the one in the the import-channel.zip file.
Success.
SpoilerShow
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<TVS_XML_STORAGE>
<ANALOG_COUNTRY>8</ANALOG_COUNTRY>
<DIGITAL_COUNTRY>4474197</DIGITAL_COUNTRY>
<SEI_VERSION>42</SEI_VERSION>
</TVS_XML_STORAGE>
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [SOLVED] import channel list from different country setting

Post by beatfreak »

nice, thx for sharing

~.

Return to “[C] Support”