Hacked my "unhackable" TV. What now?

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

Slluxx

Hacked my "unhackable" TV. What now?

Post by Slluxx »

Hello,

first of all - i wanted to hack my tv LE32C579J1S (T-TDT5DEUC) like a year ago but my TV isnt listed and on the forum some user said that it might be better if i not try to hack.

Today i gave it a try - again and saw the "Hack over Hotelmode". Nothing new to me but now i noticed this: "TV model is not important, you should check your firmware. " and my one was listed. But i couldnt download that " network_opt_18.02.2011_1.zip " with an image to write on my USB Flash (was removed because of brick-danger). After several hours i found a MEGA link with the right file.

So i did everything provided on the wiki (took me also some hours because i messed a few things up and had to reset my TV and do some research for errors).

But i think i "hacked" it now, because i have Telnet access. Correct me if i am wrong.

What exactly have i todo with the extentions now? Can i delete the data on the USB Flash that i used for hacking ?
My TV isnt a smart tvand also dont has I@TV. can i still use them? How to install? i have absolutly no idea.

and what can i do with the telnet-access now?

Please help me. i came this far but no idea.

Best regards,
Slluxx
tempinbox

Re: Hacked my "unhackable" TV. What now?

Post by tempinbox »

All answer to your questions are in the Wiki for c series. You have to spent some hour to read it.

Yes your TV doesn't have Internet at TV or pvr but you can still Mount samba share to bypass dlna, or use nfs share. For the patch instead i don't know if work on your TV you have just to try.. Most c series TV are arm but according to your firmware Your TV is Trident so you have to use samygo modules compiled for Trident.
Slluxx

Post by Slluxx »

can you give me a good understandable link where everything is explained ?
the wiki is so extremly messy.

everything i need is a "test" application that i can run on my tv.
thats everything i want. but it seems like that my tv can do NOTHING.
it seems it has wrong binarys and a wrong kernel to use precompiled extentions.
i have absolutly no idea where to start.
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

Nobody really spend any time researching (or supporting) the C-model anymore.
The researchers and developers have moved on to models H and J.
You should consider getting yourself a more recent TV, now prices are dropping anyway :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I suppport but ONLY when it is WHAT to support ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Slluxx

Post by Slluxx »

Lordbyte wrote:Nobody really spend any time researching (or supporting) the C-model anymore.
The researchers and developers have moved on to models H and J.
You should consider getting yourself a more recent TV, now prices are dropping anyway :-)
I know but im not rich. I have to pay for other things - no place for a new TV. At the moment we're renovating our house and thats expensive enough. My TV works btw so why should i buy a new one? :D

sectroyer wrote:I suppport but ONLY when it is WHAT to support ;)
What does that mean? My TV (LE32C579J1S - T-TDT5DEUC) cant be supported? Nothing i can do with it?

####### EDIT #######

I put the Trident based Extentionpack for samygo on my stick and had telnet acces. but after a few seconds the connection is lost.
i typed in "cat /proc/cpuinfo " and it gave me something like "Mips" i thought i get something like "Trident" back. is that normal?

it would be a big help if the telnet connection is not breaking up after a few seconds. Can someone help me with that?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

It's possible your TV is C MIPS. It would be fun to make something for it :) Just finish rooting it :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Slluxx

Post by Slluxx »

sectroyer wrote:It's possible your TV is C MIPS. It would be fun to make something for it :) Just finish rooting it :D
and how can i do that? i thought it is rootet because i have telnet access. I have also telnet access if i am using the stick ONLY with the extensionpack. but like i said just for a few seconds.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Slluxx wrote:
sectroyer wrote:It's possible your TV is C MIPS. It would be fun to make something for it :) Just finish rooting it :D
and how can i do that? i thought it is rootet because i have telnet access. I have also telnet access if i am using the stick ONLY with the extensionpack. but like i said just for a few seconds.
SamyGO on C is NOT only telnet :) You have "something" you should check other services, log files etc. :) Maybe tempinbox can help you. He has more experience :) I can help you once you get "stable" root ;)

P.S. Possible your usb is NOT set up correctly. Check it :)
Slluxx

Post by Slluxx »

" SamyGO on C is NOT only telnet ... " I know but my TV doesnt support PVR, I@TV, SSH and i dont know what exactly is supported. My TV also has no SmartHub to test apps. Thats my problem.

I wrote tempinbox a message. Hopefully he answers.

Return to “[C] Support”