UE 48JU6450 how to watch movies on PC?

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

dts1720

UE 48JU6450 how to watch movies on PC?

Post by dts1720 »

Samsung UE 48JU6450 how to watch movies on PC?

Hi,
sorry...i am a newbee in here ... :-/

Well, seem like this samsung TV also have the USB recording option on bord. Is there already a solution out there for convert the movies (to mkv or any other useful Format) and let them watch on my PC? Or is there any other solution?

Will be really nice if anybody care to help me. Thank you. :-)

cheers
tina
dts1720

Re: UE 48JU6450 how to watch movies on PC?

Post by dts1720 »

Nobody? :cry:
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

dts1720 wrote:Nobody? :cry:
Block updates on router ASAP. That's your ONLY hope :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dts1720

Post by dts1720 »

@sectroyer...i not yet turn on that TV.....so just please tell me step by step how to Block updates from J Modell and i will do that. :)

warm regards :)
tina
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

dts1720 wrote:@sectroyer...i not yet turn on that TV.....so just please tell me step by step how to Block updates from J Modell and i will do that. :)

warm regards :)
tina
Ahh I see sorry. Unfortunately I would have to check other forum options to make link in my signature bigger :( For now I can't do much more :(
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
dts1720

Post by dts1720 »

Your Option is for the "E/F/H"....but i have the "J" Modell. ....it also work?
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

What sectroyer so elegantly is saying, is that until you disable automatic upgrades for your TV,
anything we can do for you will be reversed by Samsung remotely.

They (Samsung) upgrade the firmware from time to time, with absolutely no benefit for the user,
but with the aim of breaking "root".

"Root" is what we call the status of the user if the user has complete and absolute administrative rights
to the filesystem found inside TV.

The status of "root" is needed for basically everything you want to modify on the TV, and this forum is all
about modifying the TV :-)

So, you must obtain root status on the TV, in order to be able to use the knowledge and tools found on this forum.
And when you have obtained the status of root, you need to protect that status against "attacks" from Samsung :-)

This requires that you open the EXTENDED factory menu, and find the setting called OTA (Over The Air) and disable it !
Also, - you should disable watchdog timer.

How to open extended factory menu ? ... Research this forum for your model ... It is a remote control key-sequence like
+ [MENU] + [MUTE] + [POWER] ... Or something like that .. you need to research this for yourself.

On models not allowing access to the extended factory menu, you MUST block the samsung servers in your router, as sectroyer mentions.

A part of protecting your root status is to NEVER upgrade the firmware of the TV .. If you do
you WILL lose your root status, and the chance of getting it back, is reduced every time Samsung upgrade the firmware !

When this is done, you should obtain root .. AND unfurtunately your model is so new that no procedure for obtaining root
exists yet, as I understand it ... :-(

So, in reality when you disable OTA, you are "locking" your TV to a specific firmware-version, and then you cross your fingers
that your firmware-version will be "covered" when the developers (like sectroyer) manages to create a procedure for obtaining root
on J-models ...

And now you wait ... :-)

NEVER UPGRADE, not now, and especially not after obtaining stable root status.
There is NEVER any benefit from upgrading. They (Samsung) do NOT fix "regular" bugs :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
dts1720

Post by dts1720 »

Thank you so much @Lordbyte for do explain me the Situation again. Next week i will receive my new TV,than i will suddenly try to find out how to diable the update/upgrade Function on my TV....hope i can do that.... :? After that i have to wait till there is any way out there for let me watch the movies also on my PC. :)

warm regards
tina
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

dts1720 wrote:Thank you so much @Lordbyte for do explain me the Situation again. Next week i will receive my new TV,than i will suddenly try to find out how to diable the update/upgrade Function on my TV....hope i can do that.... :? After that i have to wait till there is any way out there for let me watch the movies also on my PC. :)

warm regards
tina
Just remember that AS SOON AS tv will receive Internet access it WILL update. You will NOT have "second chance" :) Usually it happens within first 30 minutes :)
dts1720

Post by dts1720 »

sectroyer wrote:Just remember that AS SOON AS tv will receive Internet access it WILL update. You will NOT have "second chance" :) Usually it happens within first 30 minutes :)
Oh, than maybe i already have that Problem....because this TV i bought is not brand new.....it?s just new. Mean that TV it?s a returning one. :?

Is there any way to check it already have update on bord or not? :(

Return to “[J] Support”