Changing the title of movies recorded with pvr

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

blub

Changing the title of movies recorded with pvr

Post by blub »

Hey,
i?m new here and have a problem with my tv, hope you can help me with :)
A few month ago, i bought a Samsung JU6430. Is it possible to change the name and description of movies recorder with pvr? I?m able to copy all the files on my laptop (.inf, .ss, .srf, .cip, .mdb, .mta and .PVRPfmChkLog) and tried to edit the .inf file with a hex editor (in the .inf file there is now the correct title). But the TV still displays the wrong title and description. Anyone has an idea what went wrong or what i also have to change, is there an other opportunity, maybe a tool which i can use?

Thanks

Kind regards :P

Daniel
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Changing the title of movies recorded with pvr

Post by sectroyer »

blub wrote:Hey,
i?m new here and have a problem with my tv, hope you can help me with :)
A few month ago, i bought a Samsung JU6430. Is it possible to change the name and description of movies recorder with pvr? I?m able to copy all the files on my laptop (.inf, .ss, .srf, .cip, .mdb, .mta and .PVRPfmChkLog) and tried to edit the .inf file with a hex editor (in the .inf file there is now the correct title). But the TV still displays the wrong title and description. Anyone has an idea what went wrong or what i also have to change, is there an other opportunity, maybe a tool which i can use?

Thanks

Kind regards :P

Daniel
Tv caches names somehow. I also tried changing inf but ONCE it reads it it's over :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:ONCE it reads it it's over :)
Not if you delete various databases created by TV (e.g. /mtd_contents, .cm* on USB...). TV will rebuild db with edited title after reboot.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
blub

Post by blub »

Hm I have just files with the endings listed above on my usb (nothing like .cm*) :cry: I tried deleting various combinations of files but nothing seems to work. Everytime the wrong title again...
blub

Post by blub »

Anybody else has an idea?

Return to “[J] Support”