Can't figure out how to EEPROM reset UN55J6201

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

trao0

Can't figure out how to EEPROM reset UN55J6201

Post by trao0 »

I was playing around in the service menu and changed a couple things, and my J6201 started bootlooping. It would infinitely power on, get to the Samsung Smart TV logo, then power off, then do the same thing again. From a quick search, it appeared that I had to reset the EEPROM. So I cracked the back of it open and preceded to spend 4-5 hours tinkering with it. The EEPROM chip on my model is the ATMLH536 (circled in blue). Image Here's the diagram for the chip. Image
Per the wiki and other posts here, I tried connecting Vcc and SDA and turned the TV on, it kept bootlooping like normal. I also tried holding it until the display turned on and immediately removed it after, that didn't work either. When I connect Ground and SDA, the TV immediately shuts off, but when it turns on it just keeps bootlooping. I tried connecting Vcc and Ground to SCL, that also didn't do anything.

Any help? I don't want to lose my 55’ beauty, especially from such a small issue :(
trao0

Re: Can't figure out how to EEPROM reset UN55J6201

Post by trao0 »

Bumping. Haven't found any help at other places on the web either. Still just bootlooping.
smuggler2007

Re: Can't figure out how to EEPROM reset UN55J6201

Post by smuggler2007 »

Have you figured it out? I have the same problem

Return to “[J] Support”