40ju7000 strangw notification about smarthub service

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

bombolo

40ju7000 strangw notification about smarthub service

Post by bombolo »

Now this message appear on my tv:
"Smarthub Service will be maintenance from 25/11/2015 03:00 to 25/11/2015 11:00 (europe/rom). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused".

So samsung can stop for maintenance my smarthub?? Samsung can stop the possibility to use the internet browser??

There is a way to block samsung to modify/stop my smarthub?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: 40ju7000 strangw notification about smarthub service

Post by sectroyer »

bombolo wrote: There is a way to block samsung to modify/stop my smarthub?
Yes it's "your" smarthub. It doesn't matter that it's on samsung servers, it doesn't matter you did agree & allow samsung to do ANYTHING with your TV. It's still "your" smarthub :) Anyway to "to block samsung to modify/stop your smarthub" you have to visit their office and threaten that you will start eating hamburgers until you throw up :P Who knows it might work ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
bombolo

Post by bombolo »

Oh! So.. The smarthub is not physically inside the tv? So when I click the smarthub button on remote Im really connecting on some samsung server? So all my internet favorites are saved on some samsung server?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

bombolo wrote:Oh! So.. The smarthub is not physically inside the tv? So when I click the smarthub button on remote Im really connecting on some samsung server? So all my internet favorites are saved on some samsung server?
Let's not use such drastic words as "all". Let's just say ENOUGH to NOT make it work without "some samsung server" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
bombolo

Post by bombolo »

With my pc and my smartphone I can navigate in internet always.. No one can enter inside my smartphone or pc and block my internet..
So, I dont like the idea that samsung can block my smarthub.. My internet..

There is a way to prevent this activity of samsung? Can I enable or disable some setting inside the service menu?
Or.. Can I change some setting inside the smarthub configuration? Changing the dns?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

bombolo wrote:There is a way to prevent this activity of samsung?
Yeah, disconnect TV from Internet :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bombolo

Post by bombolo »

hahahaha :-) you are a really funny clown zoelechat! :-)

Return to “[J] Support”