K Model Service Menu

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

DocFine

Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by DocFine »

nrbrt wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:23 pm Thank you very much DocFine, do you have also maybe some app through LAN ? not just through IR ?
Sorry - no
nrbrt

Post by nrbrt »

there is now a beta app for android from Samsung "smartView" it is bit limited but still quite good remote control through LAN.
mbze430

Post by mbze430 »

I am not new here, I just haven't used this site for a long time and forgot my old login. I had SamyGo on my D8000 series.

I just got a KS8000(US), and I want to enable the PVR on it.

I have a D8000 remote, a H series remote, and I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote. So please tell me which one I can use to get in to the extended menu to enable PVR.

TIA
redart

Post by redart »

Hi,
i would like to do a "hard reset"(like in smartphones) and reinstall the TV's software, to solve some media player issues. Is this done by Factory Reset in service menu? Or is it something different? Restore to Factory Settings in normal menu is not the option i am looking for.
Many thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you mean original firmware, no way. Factory reset from service menu is a bit "deeper" than normal one, might help if not fw related issue.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Fuso

Post by Fuso »

What is the limitation for 3D? The panel (KS7000 and above) is 100/120Hz, there is some 3D options in the service menu, there's old model Samsung remotes with 3D button... So what is it, the Tizen itself, because there's clearly no 3D in the picture menu?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Not Tizen related, some 2015/Tizen models had 3D. Samsung simply dropped 3D support from 2016, as well as most other brands will do in 2017...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
markf

Post by markf »

Hi to all. I have enabled the advanced menu on UN49K6500 but even so "OTN Support = ON" appears inaccessible for changes. Is there any way to change it? Thank you.
TV: Samsung UN49K6500
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

No, you have to block on router or disconnect from internet. I would suggest the second...
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
markf

Post by markf »

sectroyer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:22 am No, you have to block on router or disconnect from internet. I would suggest the second...
Thanks.
TV: Samsung UN49K6500

Return to “[K] General”