K Model Service Menu

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by zoelechat »

I don't know... what is your current remote? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Finncowboy

Post by Finncowboy »

juusso wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:23 pm I do not think something will change in GUI.

For 2016 TVs (KU6000 series // BN59-01247A remote) there's no "Menu" button, so the new sequence is: Info => Settings => Mute => Power
Thanks. Can't believe I had to read through 13 pages to find this simple answer!
BeeKay

Post by BeeKay »

I have a UA55KU7000. Bought it in South Africa. I recently got me a nice pair of headphones and would like to pair it with the TV. Problem is that I can not find the bluetooth options in the menu.
1. How would I know if my TV has bluetooth hardware built in?

In the service menu the following (for what it is worth):
Under Option/Engineer Option/BT Audio On Off - ON
Under Option/MRT Option/BT Address - Not supported
Under Option/MRT Option/BT ??Support?? (option right above BT Address when you press arrow up from BT Address - I think it is a hidden setting) - Allows me to change to YES, but always reverts back to NO

2. How do I get the BT options on the normal on-screen menu?

Thanks in advance for the help
daiceman

Post by daiceman »

Hi, I have a similat model, the KU6000 and am also having the same issue, I enable BT in MRT Options but at reboot it's again disabled. This worked for my other M6120 model so I suppose the BT hardware is not present or you have to change the base model but before I try that I'd like to have some feedback. Did you manage to enable BT? Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you change something in service menu it should stay changed after reboot. If it doesnt stay changed permanently, this is something new for me. Service menu values are being stored in some SoC eeprom, doesnt mater BT hardware exists on TV or not. Must be some different issue.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
daiceman

Post by daiceman »

Juuso, I had this behavior on my M6120 with the Extended PVR settings: after I set them to ON and powered off/on they would be back to OFF. I fixed this by changing the region to EU (generic). Obviously some settings are applied at boot time from a "region bitmap matrix" - a sort of settings bitmap which has precedence and is enforced over individual settings. Naturally only some are enforced (based on region/marketing/licensing deals) and others are not. Maybe changing the base model can resolve this or simply the K6000 series has no BT hardware - I do not know yet.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Nah nothing new. From H at least (don't remember F), a set of values are restored on reboot according to model/local set. e.g. enabling pvr needs country change otherwise "pvr support" won't stay on...
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

@daiceman
Did you check without rebooting TV (you can simply exit SM by pressing FACTORY twice) if you were able to see/use some BT related stuff?
daiceman

Post by daiceman »

Yes if I exit the service menu and enter the sound options I see the Bluetooth audio in the menu. However I do not see the TV when I scan it with my phone as it should be and when I enter the service menu again without off/on I do not see the BT MAC address. Are you sure the TV must not be rebooted to correctly recognize the BT hardware (possibly enable/load the relevant kernel module)? As of now it seems there is no BT hardware recognized.
Thanks!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well no idea, was just a thought :)

Return to “[K] General”