K Model Service Menu

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

masterturk

Re: K Model Service Menu

Post by masterturk »

if someone with KS series could turn on WBMovie setting and tell me the default values i would appreciate it
masterturk

Post by masterturk »

nevermind, just found out changing Option->Type to another and then back to what it was, resets the advanced settings(including WBMovie)! this is awesome
Eventhorizon

Post by Eventhorizon »

My KS8000 (UN49KS8000FXZA) appears to be defaulting to 1080 resolution even after manually selecting the highest 4K option on the PS4 PRO.

Games such as Dragon Quest XI look noticeably softer. Textured are a blurry mess. I can tell, since even the PS4 UI looks noticeably softer/blurry. Icons of games, player avatars, fonts on the dashboard, everything.

I did mess with the ADC HDMI calibration (ADC/WB), as well as the EDID Write All (Control, then to EDID).

I am a dumb@ss and should have not messed around with what I fully didn't understand. I'm just so curious and have always been like this.
Eventhorizon

Post by Eventhorizon »

Does anyone know if using a 1080P test pattern and then using that to do an ADC HDMI calibration can cause the TV to think it's maximum resolution is 1080P? The one I used was the Samsung chess pattern by Andres Chavez on YouTube.

Anyone here have a UHD version of the Samsung calibration pattern?

I need help please in getting my KS8000 back to running in it's native resolution, which is 4K.
Anyone here know what's going on, can point me in the right direction or what to check for in the service menu?

Now, feeding a UHD source, still results in a degraded image, despite the source resolution set to UHD.

Using those websites that counts onscreen pixels, tells me it's running in 1080P (when PS4 pro, sound and screen info shows it's output is 4K)
zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

Anybody know how to enable full channel search on ku7000, i did some tweaks in service menu which enabled network mode option in which i could change qam 64 to qam 128 but cant find that setting again since i had to reset due to bad colors
stefan83

Post by stefan83 »

Hi guys. My brother went into the service menu of an 40ku6072 model and while there he accidentaly pressed the ok button at the factory reset setting and as a result the factory calibration was lost. Can someone please post their initial calibration results for ADC and white balance please? This model is also the same as 40ku6092.

Thanks.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Factory reset does not reset calibration at all. Only accessing service menu resets picture settings from regular menu to defaults, that's where you have to focus and nobody can help you there.

ps: brother/son/mum/dog messed up service menu we don't believe it anymore :lol:
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

Hello
What to change in service menu so that i get to select cable in auto tuning mode, i only have option of selecting air for now
DGery

Post by DGery »

Dear All!

I have a UE40KU6000 with BN49-01247A remote. I tried to open the service menu (Info, Settings, Mute, Power) but these combination not working.

Anyone has any idea with different combination?

Thank you!
horatyu
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by horatyu »

If Your Tv is off You cam push Info, menu(settings), mute,power.

Return to “[K] General”