Rooting K Series

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

johnlockejrr
SamyGO Project Donor

Rooting K Series

Post by johnlockejrr »

Hi!

Just bought a new Samsung UHD 40" TV, I kind of know that right now is 99,9% non rootable but I ask anyway if there's a chance to root it, specs:

MN : UE40KU6000
PD : 11/16/2016
SN : 0CKK3HFHA01754Y
FW : T-JZL6DEUC-1142.0
FC : SWU-OU_T-JZL6DEUC_1142_161012
MI : T-JZL6DEUC
LS : EU_SPAIN
DI : DF4MJXIO7JMUL
MA : E47DBD1BB8C6
VS : 1142.161012

Thanks!
Model: UE46ES6100
Software Version: T-MST10PDEUC-1033.1, BT-G
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Rooting K Series

Post by sectroyer »

From what we know rootable but ONLY for those disable internet access to device :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

sectroyer wrote:From what we know rootable but ONLY for those disable internet access to device :)
That statement has me worried ..

Is it no longer enough to have the samsung domains blocked on router ?!
(And .. Would someone list the current URL?s that need to be blocked .. I worry my list may be obsolete).
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Lordbyte wrote:That statement has me worried ..
Right, first OTN, then router, now internet... What's next? Unplug from wall? Leave your wife? Sell your house? :P
Lordbyte wrote:Is it no longer enough to have the samsung domains blocked on router ?!
(And .. Would someone list the current URL?s that need to be blocked .. I worry my list may be obsolete).
As long as the contrary is not absolutely proven by somebody not having screwed up his DnsMasq (that one will recognize himself), already well known domains (=URLs containing) are still enough :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[K] General”