Un60Ks8000 stuck on pc mode

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

HERB

Un60Ks8000 stuck on pc mode

Post by HERB »

So I use my 60ks8000 as a monitor for 2 computers. I've been having trouble with the PC mode. No matter what I've tried, I can't get it to switch device type to anything other than PC or bluray, both of which drastically change the settings I set while it was a raw hdmi type.

Anyone know a fix? I've searched quite a bit elsewhere with no luck.

PS: It only refuses to change device type with nvidia cards, or integrated graphics. Amd gpus are exempt.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Un60Ks8000 stuck on pc mode

Post by juusso »

So you are mandatory forced to use PC mode when signal source is HDMI? What happens if you unplug HDMI cable? Are you able to switch to different modes then?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
HERB

Post by HERB »

When I go into the edit menu, it allows me to select all the options, but it doesn't actually change the device type (except between bluray and PC), it just says it did in the menu. It changes back to PC mode if I change sources or unplug and plug the HDMI cable back in.
HERB

Post by HERB »

So to update: It would appear that PC mode is mandatorily activated when the pixel format is set to RGB, but not YCbCr.

Nonetheless, the limitation remains if there is no option to change pixel format.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Pixel format has to be changed on source (PC/display driver level), TV won't "convert" on demand.

04-2018-09-11 15_30_31-nvidia-control-panel-change-resolution-extended-display.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[K] General”