1. I changed the Extended PVR to ON. This worked until the TV was turned off and back on, which reset the Extended PVR back to OFF.
2. I changed the Local Set form USA to NONE, SD_MEXICO, and CARRIBE. In all of these cases the PVR worked but Bluetooth was disabled, which meant my Smart Remote would only turn the TV on and off with no other functions and my soundbar wouldn't pair. I tried setting BT Support to ON but it didn't seem to work and restarting the TV set it back to OFF. I set BT_AUDIO_ON_OFF to ON, but it didn't make a difference.
3. I changed the Region from USA to KOR (they where the only options). The Bluetooth worked, but I lost all antenna channels and scanning didn't show any. I thought maybe TUNER was the difference but in the USA and KOR setting the TUNER was the same S_T2C. Setting back to USA allowed me to rescan and get my antenna channels back.
Has anyone in the USA, or probably Canada would have the same issue, been able to get the PVR to work?
Any other suggestions that maybe I didn't try?
Thanks for the reply. I am worried about bricking my TV if I pick an incorrect BOM or SW model. My SW Model is UKU6000 and the BOM Model is 6300. Is there a list of compatible models or has anyone changed from the UKU6000 and 6300 with success, or failure?
He changed from 6000 to the model which use one connect box.
What you get in BOM model and SW modelI went into the service menu using IR Service App and accidentally changed the model from uku6000 to uks7000. Now my TV boots but it doesn't respond to the remote nor to the IR Service App. The screen is stuck on the page "Connect one box to TV" I can't even enter any other menus . please help
Try to ask or get these value from another country where is possible to use PVR and compare them if they are same or different. Check on youtube service menu videos maybe You have luck and someone post some video with service menu and you can see these values. Somehow tv knows that you are in country where you can't use PVR.
I found on the Samsung developer's site that the UKU6000 (mine) was in the same model group as the UKU6090 that the German's were using:
https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/d ... roups.html
So I did the following:
1) Set SW Model to UKU6090
2) Under MRT Options set the Extended PVR to ON (this was already ON but might have been from me messing with it yesterday, or might have been by default with the UKU6000 SW Model setting)
3) Under MRT Options set BT Support to ON (this was OFF)
4) Under Engineer Options set BT AUDIO ON OFF to ON (this was already ON but might have been from me messing with it yesterday, or might have been by default with the UKU6000 SW Model setting)
I exited the Service Menu and had PVR and Bluetooth (both the Smart Remote and BT soundbar worked).
When I shut off and restarted the TV I lost PVR.
BUT!!! Setting the Local Set in the service menu to CARRIBE turned the PVR back on and it stays functional even after shutting the TV off and restarting! And PIP is now a functional option!
I'm pretty excited and figured I'd post what I did hoping it helps someone else. Of course do at your own risk, etc....
I will post a follow up if I discover any issues or additional features in the future.