PVR on US K series

General forum talking area for K series TVs.

Babyexp

Re: PVR on US K series

Post by Babyexp »

SpoilerShow
stoneattic wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:54 pm I spent a lot of time (too much, hehe) with Google and Google translate and found some German sites where they were working with a KU6070 and using UKU6090 to get PVR with Bluetooth and found these instructions:

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-151-32055.html

I found on the Samsung developer's site that the UKU6000 (mine) was in the same model group as the UKU6090 that the German's were using:

https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/d ... roups.html

So I did the following:

1) Set SW Model to UKU6090

2) Under MRT Options set the Extended PVR to ON (this was already ON but might have been from me messing with it yesterday, or might have been by default with the UKU6000 SW Model setting)

3) Under MRT Options set BT Support to ON (this was OFF)

4) Under Engineer Options set BT AUDIO ON OFF to ON (this was already ON but might have been from me messing with it yesterday, or might have been by default with the UKU6000 SW Model setting)

I exited the Service Menu and had PVR and Bluetooth (both the Smart Remote and BT soundbar worked). :D
When I shut off and restarted the TV I lost PVR. :cry:

BUT!!! Setting the Local Set in the service menu to CARRIBE turned the PVR back on and it stays functional even after shutting the TV off and restarting! And PIP is now a functional option! :D :D :D

I'm pretty excited and figured I'd post what I did hoping it helps someone else. Of course do at your own risk, etc....

I will post a follow up if I discover any issues or additional features in the future.
I too can confirm this works. Manually enable bluetooth->ON and For me Wifi Vendor->BRCM_COMBO is what got my wifi working. TV PLUS is what I watch more than anything else for 24 hour news. But I have the app install on my phone and I can use SMART VIEW for that. If I can get TV PLUS, I will have gained everything and lost nothing. I will try 1 more thing and report back if successful.

Return to “[K] General”