[ROOT] K ROOT on T-JZ* and T-HK* fws up to 1169

Here are software that related with Samsung K series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

[ROOT] K ROOT on T-JZ* and T-HK* fws up to 1169

Post by zoelechat »

Method applies to T-JZ* and T-HKMFK* firmwares up to versions 1169.2.

Procedure to follow is same as J root so I won't detail everything again but just provide some notes when differences are worth to mention. Better first read whole post here though.
Features and addons (J posts #2 and #3) are strictly same for K.

Preliminaries:
  • There's no need to block https://osb-apps.samsungqbe.com for widget to remain on reboot.
  • "Instant On" and "Always Instant On Support" have to be disabled into (extended) service menu (->Option->MRT Option), or strange things could happen on power cycles.
    SM_instant.jpg
  • Watchdog must be disabled as well (->Control->Sub Option)
    Watchdog.png
    If you've got Exlink port on TV, you can set it to "Debug" at the same time to get output from it.

Procedure:

• Widget USB sideload is no longer possible on K, you still can install widget (attached) by yourself if you know how to use Tizen Studio.
  • Otherwise VirtualBox VM from J root has been updated and now includes K widget, so that's the one you have to select for install.
    SDK_rootK.jpg
  • Don't look for "ticker", doesn't exist on K. You'll have to launch installed widget manually once you prepared USB and restarted TV.
    Actually you can even prepare USB first then install widget since install starts it, without need to restart TV.
  • Use attached SamyGO_K_sysroot_*.7z instead of J one.
  • If your firmware is T-HKMFK, in folder USB/SamyGO (=SYSROOT): delete sc.bin and rename sc.bin.HKMFK to sc.bin
  • Once started, widget should quite quickly show "ununderstandable crap with numbers" on screen (NO, it's NOT "an error"!!):
    jit_spray.jpg
    If after a while you didn't see it but still only "spinning wheel at top right" (=loading): reboot TV and restart widget.
  • Same as J, first launch of widget is expected to be very long (up to 15min), just let it work until you see root (top) notification on screen or successful FTP/Telnet access.

Autostart:
  • T-JZM*: You just have to move root widget to Home screen.
    For quicker autostart, first enable "Autorun Smart Hub" from Menu->System->Expert Settings:
    menu_SH.jpg
    ...for Smart Hub to start as soon as TV is powered on, and place widget on Home screen:
    widget_SH.jpg
    Widget will then start itself about a minute after TV bootup.
  • T-HKMFK*: Currently and unfortunately, no autostart on T-HKMFK, you have to start widget manually on every TV boot to get root.
    You still can setup Smarthub/Widget same as T-JZM above, that way you can at least reach widget easily straight after TV started.
    • In wait for hypothetical other solution, you can use libSoftPowerOff as partial workaround.

Notes:
  • If you want to decrypt PVR recordings and/or widgets, take respectively tzpvrdmpkeys and/or tzspmdecrypt bins from J sysroot archive and put in yours (from J/SYSROOT/usr/bin to K/SYSROOT/usr/bin, matter of strange copyright way of thinking, don't ask me)
    edit: (sysroot >=1.3) tzpvrdmpkeys no longer needed, especially on T-HKMFK where it didn't work!
  • Any Oscam related post/question will be deleted without prior notice. Here is root topic.

Downloads:
ChangelogShow

Code: Select all

17/04/2022
v1.4c - Slight change to run.sh for series unifying
      - Added downgrade.sh script for convenience
25/01/2020
v1.4b - Tiny adjustment for (upcoming) browser based root compliance, no change at all in features
7/7/2018
v1.4 - Added: sftp-server
     - Fixed: unreachable NTFS drives through smbserver
     - Improved stability: sgo_fs_exec, sgo_rcremap (should much help in preventing random crashes, especially on root startup)
     - Fixed: HKMFK potential smbclient/crypto fail due to non-inserted (built-in!) sha256_generic.ko module
23/4/2018
     - VM update: include latest widget
20/4/2018
     - Widget update: T-JZM autostart fix
22/3/2018
v1.3 - Fixed recordings decryption on T-HKMFK, now using (added) srf_decrypt on keydumper missing/fail (thanks racocvr)
     - Fixed large amount of files issue in smb/nfs clients scripts, MUCH faster now (due to no feedback I left former scripts as .oldversion, just in case)
     - Added WebIF/source.php URL to remotely get current source from TV
7/2/2018
v1.2N - Almost first release
VM: SamyGO-VM.7z (2.4GB)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zoelechat on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 15 times in total.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] K ROOT on T-JZ* and T-HK* fws up to 1169

Post by juusso »

I appreciate :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
blackbox
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by blackbox »

downgrade same procedure as well as J series?
UE48H6600 - T-GFSDEUC_1230.4 - SamyGO by mihd (stabel) and Oscam SVN r11399 Support.... :D
UE46ES6300 - T-MST10PDEUC_2007.0 SamyGO (stabel) and Oscam SVN r11399 Support.... :D
UE55J5550SU - T-HKMFDEUC_1480.4 - SamyGO and Oscam SVN r11399 Support....
!!!! Block OTN Update with Rooter !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yep, everything same, unless I told was different.
asiersan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by asiersan »

Tested on a 32K5570 with sw T-HKMFKDEUC-1142.0 and it works very well.
Tested keymap and runs ok!
Samsung 55HU7500L
Samsung 40F6500
Samsung 32K5570SU
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:36 pm Any idea if it Works with T-KTSDEUC 1151.1 ?
juusso wrote:Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 pm @Filipe you tell.
It might simply work but possible it would require some "tweaking". Let us know, we will try to help :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

T-KTS is M, who asked knows it, no point in polluting K root thread with M requests.
sectroyer you say crap as usual :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

:)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:17 pm T-KTS is M, who asked knows it, no point in polluting K root thread with M requests.
sectroyer you say crap as usual :)
At least I am consistent :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
jaroprofe
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by jaroprofe »

Hello, I cna't see "Instant On" and "Always Instant On Support" have to be disabled into service menu (->Option->MRT Option)

Return to “[K] Software”