Bricked TV?

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

zqureshi

Re: Bricked TV?

Post by zqureshi »

Hi, am a year late but hopeful of a reply.
I changed the tuner and region and since then my tv ku7000 not showing anything on screen,it does show screen of mobile but other than nothing, even remote doesnt work, i tried resetting eprom but no luck, any idea what can be done about it.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think you have to repeat eeprom reset until you get success. Might you chose incorrect chip.

LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

ImageI might to repeat steps of reseting,i called samsung and they suggest changing mainboard also when trying to connect usb,tv hangs when communicating to usb and it also hangs now while communicating with mobile phn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zqureshi on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

I am trying to reset from here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

I have done all the things, jumped sda and gnd,jumped sda,wp and 3.3, jumped sda and 3.3, but tv doesnt picks the signal,it blinks but does nothing,anyother solutions plz like taking out the eeprom chips or something else, i need the location and no of 8 legged chips as there are many, samsung just says replace board for $140 whoch is insane
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Poor quality picture. But from i can see there you are on the right way. eeprom reset must work either by shorting SDA+GND (red line), or by shorting SDA+3.3v line (blue line). You do not need to touch WP, as this does nothing in your case. WP is used to switch eeprom from read only mode to write mode. If you get no result by using red or blue, this means you do something wrong. Also keep in mind contacts can be covered by some dirt or oxydated so that no proper contact is possible. Scratch metal for better contact. In short, your steps are as follows: TV is unplugged from wall, you do short on your contacts, then you plug tv to wall, keep pins shortened until you get LCD screen on. Release short circuit and press standby on remote control. Then use regular RC combination to enter to service menu.

Also possible your chosen contacts are wrong place to perform procedure and you have to search exact 8-leg chip to perform procedure straight on the legs.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

hi, after trying several times for weeks, i am now able to go into service menu, but everytime i put values of front color in service menu and restrat tv, it again asks for to go into service menu, also can i get default values of ku7000 40inch model, and why is it still asking to go into service when i have removed the jump.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

When you set proper values in service menu (did you?) and put tv to stand by, next time you power tv on you shouldn`t get ask for entering service menu and puting same values again.

zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

Yes,it asks for front color,local set and type, cant find local set anywhere,went into extended settings menu as well,but couldnt find local set,also it is not downloading terms and conditions as well
zqureshi

Post by zqureshi »

More pictures of service menu, cant find local set anywhere :(

Return to “[K] Support”