Starting an application under X

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Starting an application under X

Post by juusso »

What this is used for? http://download.samygo.tv/Toolchains/

Ready to use cross compilation toolchains. Download, extract using xz-utils (unxz), write path to toolchains bin dir in to the $PATH and compile. Every toolchain there was tested by me on ubuntu x686 and works fine for B....H series.

Kernel modules compilation example here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5999#p43005
Similar goes for all other series...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

juuso wrote:What this is used for? http://download.samygo.tv/Toolchains/

Ready to use cross compilation toolchains. Download, extract using xz-utils (unxz), write path to toolchains bin dir in to the $PATH and compile. Every toolchain there was tested by me on ubuntu x686 and works fine for B....H series.

Kernel modules compilation example here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5999#p43005
Similar goes for all other series...
This is very comprehensive. I also followed your post and found the wiki page at which I understand is still work in progress: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Cross- ... _series%29 . Indeed this details everything I would need to start. Maybe it can be updated to include the links for H series even though it is very similar.

Amazing work / help.

Thanks
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

This looks quite impressive. Did anyone already consider the possibility of forwarding the Samsung's X11 applications over to another X11 server which runs somewhere else (watch tv remotely?)?

For people talking about audio support, I would imagine using a separate USB audio device is always possible.
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

ZGod wrote:This looks quite impressive. Did anyone already consider the possibility of forwarding the Samsung's X11 applications over to another X11 server which runs somewhere else (watch tv remotely?)?

For people talking about audio support, I would imagine using a separate USB audio device is always possible.
There are already applications to share your tv screen. I do watch my tv on phone and computer with no issue using SmartView. About sound yes that would be an option but I am sure that we will get the tv's sound working one way or another.
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

lbalan79 wrote: I do watch my tv on phone and computer with no issue using SmartView.
Thanks for pointing me to that! I just checked out Smart View and it seems to be very nice. I just need to find a way to get it to work on my Ubuntu notebook now.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

ZGod wrote:
lbalan79 wrote: I do watch my tv on phone and computer with no issue using SmartView.
Thanks for pointing me to that! I just checked out Smart View and it seems to be very nice. I just need to find a way to get it to work on my Ubuntu notebook now.
Run virtual machine with windows :) No other way. It requires samsung keys and other stuff :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

sectroyer wrote:
ZGod wrote:
Run virtual machine with windows :) No other way. It requires samsung keys and other stuff :)
I'll probably do that yeah. I indeed saw some pem files in the directory, but they were not in a regular format. I hope I can get it running in Wine/Mono somehow though...
ZGod

Re: Starting an applicaiton under X

Post by ZGod »

sectroyer wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:49 amAlso NO input from remote etc. :)
I just figured out a way to get input to the TVs X11 server! The trick is that you need to start up the web browser. Then the X11 mouse pointer will be moved when you use the arrow keys on the remote. Clicks are only possible through another source however, (such as 'xdotool').

With a USB mouse attached it fully works, I can click on things and drag around stuff with the left button!

There seems to be no way to do keyboard input through USB though,

With a panel, it's possible to just minimize the webbrowser windows (the top bar and each tab are separate windows). It could be interesting to run a VNC client or maybe an RDP client straight from the TV to access another system.

Edit: discovering more things; keeping X11 programs open when closing the web browser, seems to keep the browser's mouse cursor in place. You cannot use the remote's arrows anymore, but a USB mouse continues to work to click on things.

Return to “[H] Support”