AVI playback on Samsung UE32N4510

General forum talking area for N/QN series TVs.

ka81

AVI playback on Samsung UE32N4510

Post by ka81 »

Hello!

Could someone please inform me - is it possible to bring back the possibility of playing AVI files in Samsung UE32N4510 ?
It plays MKV, MP4,.. but not AVI unfortunately.
Maybe some hack or anything... ))

p.s. yes, I'm using dlna server (homemediaserver) for now to play AVI, but I must use Transcoding and there are lot of troubles because of that (often impossible to resume from Pause, freezes when rewind,...).
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: AVI playback on Samsung UE32N4510

Post by sectroyer »

Do NOT use dlna server, much better is to use USB and/or samba :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

DLNA is not the problem, neither AVI which is only a container (as well as mkv and mp4). Samsung dropped support of DivX and Xvid (among others), mostly video codecs used in AVI's.
Nothing we can do there (at least in wait for hypothetical root one day, maybe), except add to the long list of no longer supported elementary stuff growing every year.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
ka81

Post by ka81 »

zoelechat wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:20 pm DLNA is not the problem, neither AVI which is only a container (as well as mkv and mp4). Samsung dropped support of DivX and Xvid (among others), mostly video codecs used in AVI's.
Nothing we can do there (at least in wait for hypothetical root one day, maybe), except add to the long list of no longer supported elementary stuff growing every year.
Ahhh... No chance at all?.. ((
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Better think now to permanently convert your videos to a supported format imho :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
ka81

Post by ka81 »

zoelechat wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:44 am Better think now to permanently convert your videos to a supported format imho :)
or trying to find any solution. )

working with DLNA servers and Trancodings..
For now, HMS let me watch AVI but with some troubles.
Plex also let me watch AVI, with minor freezes.

Return to “[N/QN] General”