Desperate help needed - remotely hacked Samsung TV rooted - 18 months of hell!

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

jpmad4it

Desperate help needed - remotely hacked Samsung TV rooted - 18 months of hell!

Post by jpmad4it »

Hi everyone. Someone has remotely hacked / rooted my F series and hacked my whole home network .

There are two firmware versions in use please see th screenshot.

How do I remove their firmware from the TV I cant get rid of it via factory reset etc?

Please help this has been going on for 18 months now :-(

or is it time to put the TV in the bin ? No way around it now its rooted?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Desperate help needed - remotely hacked Samsung TV rooted - 18 months of hell!

Post by sectroyer »

jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:49 am How do I remove their firmware from the TV
Easiest way is to root yourself. Also if your net setup isn't really, really messed tv was NOT "the point of entry". Therefore you should check other stuff...
jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:49 am I cant get rid of it via factory reset etc?
No!!!!
jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:49 am or is it time to put the TV in the bin ? No way around it now its rooted?
As I explained above rooting is NOT the problem. Rooting is the solution :) :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
jpmad4it

Re: Desperate help needed - remotely hacked Samsung TV rooted - 18 months of hell!

Post by jpmad4it »

sectroyer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:14 pm
jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:49 am How do I remove their firmware from the TV
Easiest way is to root yourself. Also if your net setup isn't really, really messed tv was NOT "the point of entry". Therefore you should check other stuff...
jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:49 am I cant get rid of it via factory reset etc?
No!!!!
jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:49 am or is it time to put the TV in the bin ? No way around it now its rooted?
As I explained above rooting is NOT the problem. Rooting is the solution :) :D
Hi thanks for the reply I really appreciate it !!

Can you point me in the beginners direction of the quickest way to root the tv myself? I wasn’t aware that was possible after it’s already been done by a hacker, because as you correctly pointed out, many of my other devices have been hacked (I think it all started on my nas box running plex media server). My iPad and iPhone have been hacked....yet whenever I try to reflash the firmware these hackers seem to either drop my internet connection (which iTunes apparently needs to verify the firmware update) or they disconnect the device via the usb connection. Anyway I’ll finally get to the point.....what I’m asking is will this not be the same for flashing the tv firmware via usb / ssh or whatever tech is used? my other hacked devices seem to be under complete control of whoever is doing this...... I’ve reckon I’ve lost 3 months worth of sleep sat awake all day and night trying to fix my home network.....if you end up being the start of the fight back and tell me some great advice I will be eternally grateful !!!!

Cheers jp
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

jpmad4it wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:24 am Can you point me in the beginners direction of the quickest way to root the tv myself? I wasn’t aware that was possible after it’s already been done by a hacker, because as you correctly pointed out, many of my other devices have been hacked (I think it all started on my nas box running plex media server). My iPad and iPhone have been hacked....yet whenever I try to reflash the firmware these hackers seem to either drop my internet connection (which iTunes apparently needs to verify the firmware update) or they disconnect the device via the usb connection. Anyway I’ll finally get to the point.....what I’m asking is will this not be the same for flashing the tv firmware via usb / ssh or whatever tech is used? my other hacked devices seem to be under complete control of whoever is doing this...... I’ve reckon I’ve lost 3 months worth of sleep sat awake all day and night trying to fix my home network.....if you end up being the start of the fight back and tell me some great advice I will be eternally grateful !!!!
With F series it's pretty easy to root tv without the internet connection. You should disconnect ALL your devices from the internet. Then change the router, change default pw and connect ONLY devices that are NOT "hacked" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[F] Support”