BD-H8900M doesn't play from flash drive, or from own recorded dvds

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

marteuk

BD-H8900M doesn't play from flash drive, or from own recorded dvds

Post by marteuk »

Hi, We bought this player, uploaded loads of films into hdd, additionally downloaded mp3s to flash drives. tested and films were playing from hdd, music from usb drives played as well, recorded dvd discs worked as well. Player was sent to the place where you can't have players containing hdds, or you can't have any flash drives (lets call it north korea for example). Person who has now this player says that hdd wasn't removed from the player, but player can't play any videos. None of recorded dvds are working, and non of usb drives either. Can it be that someone who is checking arriving players somehow deactivated function to play own records? Original dvds are working fine. Not sure, but i think person can't even record videos from tv. Can it be that hdd is broken and for that reason player plays only original dvds?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: BD-H8900M doesn't play from flash drive, or from own recorded dvds

Post by sectroyer »

marteuk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:01 pm Hi, We bought this player, uploaded loads of films into hdd, additionally downloaded mp3s to flash drives. tested and films were playing from hdd, music from usb drives played as well, recorded dvd discs worked as well. Player was sent to the place where you can't have players containing hdds, or you can't have any flash drives (lets call it north korea for example). Person who has now this player says that hdd wasn't removed from the player, but player can't play any videos. None of recorded dvds are working, and non of usb drives either. Can it be that someone who is checking arriving players somehow deactivated function to play own records? Original dvds are working fine. Not sure, but i think person can't even record videos from tv. Can it be that hdd is broken and for that reason player plays only original dvds?
Best would be to root and confirm from that point of view. For now we don't even know if drives are mounted?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
marteuk

Post by marteuk »

when trying to open anything error appears: request cannot be completed media play will return to main screen. I believe to root device you need some 1 or more files on flash drive. This is not possible, guy will never receive flash drive, and he has no access to computer or internet.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

marteuk wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:28 pm This is not possible, guy will never receive flash drive, and he has no access to computer or internet.
Here it shows it works: https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/ ... -H8900MXU/
Looks to have full internet access. But if you mean interent doesn't work, usb doesn't work, disc doesn't work best is to put it in garbage can :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
marteuk

Post by marteuk »

There is no internet line there. Player plays only original dvd/bd. When pluging usb flash drive with movie and want to open the file error appears: request cannot be completed, media play will return to main screen. CD with mp3 songs comes up as data cd on menu where you can see list of songs, but you can't play these files either. HDD was fully loaded with movies which doesn't play as well. Before shipping the player everything worked. Usb guy tried flashes and discs on other his neighbours devices. Now he did fatory reset, and hdd wiped now. He tried record tv shows to hdd or flash, but that doesn't work either. Just wonder this is somehow locked? or "customs" officer disconnected something inside?
marteuk

Post by marteuk »

if try rooting any chances to upload required data to cd instead of flash drive? any step by step guide for rooting?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

marteuk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:11 pm if try rooting any chances to upload required data to cd instead of flash drive? any step by step guide for rooting?
We didn't try but usb should work. There is already tutorial in H section IIRC :)

Return to “BluRay Players”