How to Calibrate White Balance in Svc Menu? UN50MU6300FXZA

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

mrdenbts

How to Calibrate White Balance in Svc Menu? UN50MU6300FXZA

Post by mrdenbts »

Per title, model is UN50MU6300FXZA.
I got it for $50 in good condition except for all smart functionality is bust… to include access to any setting… except for those in the service menu. This is the result of networking being broken on the TV.

I know many a foolhardy person has clicked calibrate within it and paid the price. However, I am sufficiently fed up with the high contrast where I want to at least come back to exploring resolutions.

What calibrating tool is needed to do what I assume would be the pattern test/thing? How straightforward is it for a layman to do?

Alternatively, would anyone be optimistic re using IR to get access to the UI picture settings? I mean I’ve tried all the keys on a keyboard, multiple remotes, shit is simply fucked— still figured I’d ask though.
Thanks!
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: How to Calibrate White Balance in Svc Menu? UN50MU6300FXZA

Post by notengo13 »

Try to read TYPE in service menu then write it down somewhere safe, and change to something else and than back to it's original.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

I recall having done a deep dive on trying to determine if the TYPE selected was the right one for my specific model— and if I recall correctly, I concluded that it was correct.
Would this be to effect some sort of reset? Would the desired outcome be to reset picture settings (I imagine factory reset does this already ) or get the networking up and running again?
mrdenbts

Post by mrdenbts »

notengo13 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:03 pm Try to read TYPE in service menu then write it down somewhere safe, and change to something else and than back to it's original.
Whoops, just realized I didn’t quote you in my post above.

Return to “[M/Q] General”