Want to be able to use SmartThings app on UN65MU6300

General forum talking area for M/Q series TVs.

ktoonsez

Want to be able to use SmartThings app on UN65MU6300

Post by ktoonsez »

Just found this site a few days ago, so much cooool stuff! I used to write custom kernels for Samsung Galaxy phone until they started banning custom kernels and started with all that KNOX crap and ruined the phones, love this kind of shiz and hoping to have some fun over here!!! Like the title says, I want to be able to use the SmartThings app on my UN65MU6300 because it has the feature of Nest Doorbell monitoring which will help my wife out bigtime. The app will not show up in the app store on the TV so from what I read my model is one of the cheesy ones that Samsung deemed unworthy of being able to install the app. Anyway around it? My TV has the latest 1310.1 firmware so I am assuming that root and custom firmware is out of the question just like with there phone they find ways to lock people out forever? If it still is possible to use the custom firmware from here will I be able to install the SmartThings app afterwards?
Kryptik

Re: Want to be able to use SmartThings app on UN65MU6300

Post by Kryptik »

you can use chrome cast to stream, it might be available to put on tv. another setup is a dvr with wireless camera and connect via hdmi to tv i have a 55 on my dvr and a 65 that im trying to fix. i have the same tv as you but with a f**ked up firmware 1400.3 yeah it was hacked along with the samsung plus tv app. i need the correct settings for mine as firmware changed everything, took a few hours to get from a flipped screen to viewable, my tuner setting are not right, i have ota hd tv and its not working, wifi not working, wrong settings on it, and a bunch other issues.

Return to “[M/Q] General”