[APP] Hyperion (Ambilight)

Here are software that related with Samsung J series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

brunogts77

Re: [APP] Hyperion (Ambilight)

Post by brunogts77 »

Hello. I extracted the hyperion.zip folder provided by "Rakuri" in the samygo folder of the usb pen and put the Hyperion.init file in the "etc/init" folder. From here I don't know what to do anymore....😔😔
UE42F5570 T-MST12DEUC_1119] [OTN=OFF] [OSCAM=ON]
UE55JU6870 T-HKMDEUC-1480 [OSCAM=ON]
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Blaubaer2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:28 pm I think it's no help to find here from people who published it. They have been inactive on this forum for about three years. Hopefully still alive.
I think I've gotten a little further now.
Use FileZilla and put the hyperion.tgz in the Samygo folder on the stick.
Then use putty and unpack it with the following command.

Code: Select all

tar -xvzf hyperion.tgz
Now all files should be in the right place.
The next step will be to start it correctly and find out the right configuration to use it.
Can you explain better? I don´t understand!!
Blaubaer2
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Blaubaer2 »

What you did will likely have the same result. But I'm not sure if it was right.
Then I took the original hyperion.tgz and unpacked it in Samygo Syssroot with putty to make sure all files are in the right place. Then I took the 11_hyperiond.init from the "Rakuni" and put it in the /etc/init.d folder. That's just to start hyperiond automatically when root starts. But it doesn't start automatically and that's the problem.
Guess we're in the same place now.
I checked the configs and the start script, both looks correct, I just set the IP address to be able to use the forwarder in my case.
Then I tried starting hyperiond.sh from putty using:

cd /hyperion

hyperiond -start

but leads to this error:
SpoilerShow
hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot ope n shared object file: No such file or directory

Hyperiond.sh does not start. By a buggy libso.2.7 or something.
I'm not sure, but I remember having something like this on my Enigma2 box a few years ago. In the Enigma2 case I had to replace the faulty libso with the correct one.
But I'm not sure I'll do that now, i am scared to destroy the samygo root.

I try to find out what i have to do to fix the issue to start hyperiond.
Blaubaer2
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Blaubaer2 »

This command:

python --version
Gives me:Show
Python 2.7.4
But hyperiond.sh is looking for Python 2.7.1.
I think that hyperion app was compiled in an older version of samygo root and Python version is changed in the newer on.
The question is how to fix that stuff?
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

When I manually start 11_hyperion.init, I get this result:

+ case $1 in
+ /opt/storage/usb/sda1/SamyGO/hyperion/hyperiond.sh /opt/storage/usb/sda1/SamyGO/hyperion/etc/hyperion/hyp.samygo.json
/opt/storage/usb/sda1/SamyGO/etc/init.d/11_hyperion.init: line 9: /opt/storage/usb/sda1/SamyGO/hyperion/hyperiond.sh: No such file or directory
+ sleep 1
Blaubaer2
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Blaubaer2 »

If you read the message carefully then you will find out what your problem is.
The message clearly says: "No such file or directory + sleep 1".
So either the folder or the file doesn't exist. At least not where the init script is looking for it and wants to start it.
That's why I installed it as described before, namely to make sure that all files are where they should be and can be found.

I just can't get it to start because of the wrong Python version on my TV.
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

OK. I already tried to install it like you told me but I just didn't extract it correctly.... I can't figure it out??Any tips? I downloaded it on Windows, copied the file via FTP to the tv and used PuTTY to unzip the file on the TV! What will be the problem?
Blaubaer2
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Blaubaer2 »

Is it currently a J-series TV you're trying to use? I struggle with my K series. There will of course be some differences as a result.
What seems to be your problem is that when you start the init script an error occurs.

As far as I can see, the hyperiond.sh file specified in the init script is not found. Look at the end of the error message, it's there.
The hyperiond.sh is probably not in the specified folder.

Go to the folder (/opt/storage/usb/sda1/SamyGO/hyperion) with the FTP program and make sure that the hyperiond.sh is there.
If the file is not there make sure to get it there.

It doesn't really matter which way you use to get the file there, it only matters that the file is where the init script expects it to be. Or you change the path in the init script to where your hyperiond.sh is located if it was saved elsewhere.

However, I would prefer the variant where you store the file where the init script expects it, because otherwise it will only be more complicated to find errors.
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Yes, my TV is a J series. As far as I can see, my problem is that I cannot extract Hyperion correctly on my TV using PuTTY. It always gives error! I tried extracting on my Windows PC and it tells me I need to run WinRAR as an administrator. So then I managed to extract the Hyperion!
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Any progress with Ambilight?

Return to “[J] Software”