How to build a Fake Remote Control?

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Plenz

How to build a Fake Remote Control?

Post by Plenz »

I just bought an old UE32D5700 and try to get into the enhanced service menu.
Well, the page of Rainer Ullrich does not work anymore, and also webarchive.org is useless because from there I only get an outdated version. Perhaps it would work if I set the clock of my PC to 2014, but I am quite sure that any network access will turn the clock back to today, so I didn't try it.
But there are other possibilities.
I tried the IR diode on the 3.5 mm jack - it did not work. And I wonder how it should work. Can it be possible to save a 38,000 Hz signal in a file which can save only 44,100 Samples per second?
OK, let's do it with Arduino. There is an awful long sketch with HTTP and whatwever, but I want to use a cheap Arduino Nano. Only for a few special keys like "3Speed" und "Factory".
But I don't understand which pulses I should create. I opened 3SPEED_from_REMOTE_inv.wav in a WAV editor and compared it with the picture on "Ethernet multi-function Interface" -> "IR frames format". They don't match at all. Why not?
Anyway - I made a screenshot of 3SPEED_from_REMOTE_inv.wav, measured the durations of the pulses and wrote a sketch for my Arduino Nano. I tried it with 36000 Hz, 38000 Hz, and 40000 Hz - no result. The red LED of the TV does not flicker. But is does not flicker either if I use other remote controls. Does it only flicker if it receives a valid Samsung code?
Questions upon questions... sorry!
Plenz

Re: How to build a Fake Remote Control?

Post by Plenz »

234 views, zero answers :(

Well - I succeeded now to build a remote control with an Arduino Nano which can send INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER, 3SPEED, and FACTORY.
I found out that I have to work with 40.000 Hz and for me it is quite logical that the WAV samples don't work. Anyway, the WAV samples gave me the durations of the pulses, and so I succeeded.
If somebody is interested of informations about my hardware and software, please let me know.

Return to “[D] General”