[App] libYTAdblock H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

370network

[App] libYTAdblock H

Post by 370network »

Youtube adblocker for H series, can be also used as a general loader for userscripts into widgets.

Notes: Usage:
  • First install modded YT app, by extracting the zip and moving it to /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user, unfortunatelly it doesn't seem to load properly into the stock one (seems to not act as a normal widget), as a bonus you will get 1080p UI and video playback (stock is all 720p)
  • You will need samyGOso
  • Copy libYTAdblock.so into /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso
  • Copy 99_95_YTAdblock.init into /mnt/etc/init.d to autostart or load manually with

Code: Select all

samyGOso -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libYTAdblock.so -n WidgetEngine 
  • IMPORTANT: After loading up youtube, open settings and close with return to load the script, a popup will appear on screen to inform you it has been loaded, do it everytime you open youtube
Caution:
The code is probably not of particularly high quality, I'm not very experienced with this sort of stuff. There are definitely better ways to implement it. It contains static offsets, modifies instructions, writes to read only memory... It shouldn't break the TV, it doesn't write anything to storage, but proceed with caution mainly if testing on other tv models.

H series is old, but YT still works and I hope someone will get some use out of this, if it works for you, let me know. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stefan244
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libYTAdblock H

Post by Stefan244 »

Thank you very much - it works for me ;)

Return to “[H] Software”