[App] SamyApp - extended SamygoPVR

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

sorcerer1
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] SamyApp - extended SamygoPVR

Post by sorcerer1 »

Hello!

I've released SamyApp v0.1. SamyApp is renamed SamygoPVR.
Changes:
- add CIPLUS configuration variable, autodetect CI/CI+ by default
- import smartsmurf's CI+ version of mod_saving
- import smartsmurf's CI+ version of mod_audio_switch
- add simple plugin interface, make all the modules to be plugins
- import smartsmurf's DCA v0.3, fix AAC playing
- remove WINTER_TIME & SUMMER_TIME variables; add TIME_ADJUST instead
- some improvements

The package includes all the source code. The latest source code is availbale from the SamyApp repository.

Download SamyApp-0.1
Last edited by juusso on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: SamyApp uploaded to sourceforge server. Changed download link.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by erdem_ua »

:?: Why do you rename that instead of adding it's release version?
I don't like same app/code in multiple names. We have already 2 PVR app.
Also name of application doesn't tell what it makes.
I think it's not good to fork PVR application.
Please re-release that code with SamyGO PVR with upgraded version.
Also update/add change log to show differences, releaser name...
Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

erdem_ua wrote::?: Why do you rename that instead of adding it's release version?
IMHO I know the reason :) I think a mistake was to release samygoPVR 10 (i don`t remember exact version) with the same app name where few other samygo apps were included as modules. It should be released as SamyApp (or any other...) few moths ago, not from now. Because SamyApp makes not only PVR records, it has functions from other samygo apps included - audio switcher, energy saver, improved code of samygo DCA ffmpeg libraries... It does much more as app, called "samygo PVR" should do. I do not see anything wrong of changing its name in evolution process. Might soon we have all the apps in one SamyApp, just we could switch it /add/remove as modules - separate samygo apps. Even over internet. :)

Let PVR+ to be just PVR app(with impressive GUI) as sigle app , we do not need more pvr apps. But why couldn`t we have SamyApp which could make many nice things + channel recoring as well? If we leave it as SamygoPVR, might then author needed to remove all other modules and leave just pvr function...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sorcerer1
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sorcerer1 »

juuso is right. But now, PVR function of SamyApp is now just file named 'pvr.so'. It can be removed from the distribution. People can add their own modules to samyapp easily, without recompiling the others.

> Also update/add change log to show differences, releaser name

SamyApp contains updated 'readme.txt' file.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Himmm, don't aware from those. Needed to inspect this app before talking much :D
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Issue:
After loading SamyApp - youtube stops working - can`t play file - error. After i removed SamyApp from autostart, youtube player works well.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by majonezz »

Issue:
After loading SamyApp - youtube stops working - can`t play file - error. After i removed SamyApp from autostart, youtube player works well.
I've noticed the same. I guess that is DCA fault. I saw some logs made with exlink, and when started to play youtube movie, there was an error from ffmpeg telling that "ffmpeg couldn't find any audio track" or something like that.
But... DCA fixed my problem with not playable .ts files. Now every single recording is playable via internal mediaplayer.
Yes, I have the same problem with PVR.
And I tried all kind of versions of PVR in the past buth nothing works: always the tv signal goes down when I start recording a crypted stream.
I'm also from the Netherlands and have the same provider: Ziggo.
My Cam is a Neotion.
TV: LE37B652t4p
firmware: 2006

Also in Germany there are people with the same problems.
Same here :(
My config:
LE40B679 with patched 1008 f-ware
ITI-Neovision CAM CI+ with paired card (Conax cas7)
Module is used to receive polish "N" platform distributed via DVB-S/S2
When module is inserted:
-Pressing Rec on scrambled channel makes TV signal goes down (both sources - DVB-T and S)
-Pressing Rec on clear! channel makes TV signal goes down (both sources - DVB-T and S)
Same if i make record by old style method (via exlink debug menu)

Other observations:
When CAM is connected, tv displays a message: "Connection between TV and CI module estabilished" or something similar (translation from Polish)
The same CAM module is not causing apperance of this message when inserted to non-ci+ TV (LE37B650 with 2005 fw)
The same CAM module allowing TV to record, when insertred to non-ci+ LE37B650. Recordings are ok. Same CI module... Strange.
Any ideas?

Return to “[B] Software”