Anyone confirm Hotel mode hack still works with 3011.0 ?

Here is information about customize your C series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR DUMMY USERS questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

dasurpha

Re: Anyone confirm Hotel mode hack still works with 3011.0 ?

Post by dasurpha »

gregoire wrote: I did all this; rolled back with 0000, upgrade to 3005 installed the widget and tried to hack it but got an error "bla bla no writable to bla bla error 7". Upgraded it, tried the hotel mode hack, again, nothing. Now I have a unhackable tv. I am dissappointed. Seriously.
And you were able to hack earlier? For me the hack seems to be in place after going back to 0000->3005.1 from 3011.0, but not functioning with 3011.0.
dasurpha

Re: Anyone confirm Hotel mode hack still works with 3011.0 ?

Post by dasurpha »

No luck with 3011.0 - no scripts are executed when plugging in the USB stick with all SamyGO extensions and SamyGO.sh in the root.

Rolling back to 0000 and 3005.1 still works fine, and the TV is hacked straight after installing 3005.1 so looks like the hack has not disappeared anywhere but 3011.0 just refuses to run scripts. Any ideas?

(And yes, I want to run 3011.0 for various reasons - much better handling of the CI+ CAM and Viaplay for example.)

Edit:

I thought I made this work already yesterday with the instructions by plasticassius here http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f= ... =20#p24796 but failed something so my script didn't execute. But - after a few upgrades and downgrades - I have a working 3011.0 system with ssh and nfs.

Apparently the big change in 3011.0 (and probably starting 3006) is that the USBhotplug.sh does not execute, and the usb_cmd and usb_mount files need to be added as described in the instructions linked above.

Thank you all for help, and hopefully this helps someone also.

Return to “[C] Firmware”