An epic portable device!

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

julianbb

Re: An epic portable device!

Post by julianbb »

Because it come with a black leather case (case have full keyboard on USB), hub support tested ,
it was on stock in Romania,
...and it came on time for my wife's birthday :D

Now i just have to wait until she will dump-it ... :twisted:
"Everything is possible... The impossible just takes longer..." (Dan Brown)
julianbb

Post by julianbb »

Just got new toy
Z80 rules :lol:
3.5 :mrgreen: Hz
64 :mrgreen: Bytes ram
built-in printer
built-in Hardddd....to find compact-cassette
external box extension with two Rs-232 9600 Bauds adapter 8-)
IMAGE_796.jpg
I think is powerfull enough to .....use it as remote control for TV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Everything is possible... The impossible just takes longer..." (Dan Brown)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

wtf...? cassete player with keyboard? :D
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I think this is it : Ainol ELF
16GB Rom, 7" Capacitive Screen, 1024x600, 1.5GHZ ARM, 1GB RAM Android 4.0
Camera is 1.3MP, And a G sensor onboard.
oga83

Post by oga83 »

Hi,

I ordered one at the end of march at http://radiospares-fr.rs-online.com/web ... aspberrypi
but it's not yet available. They are currently passing the CE certification.
I'm on the waiting list.

You can also order it at http://www.fanell.com, but the delivery time will be the same.

[Edit] My order was placed at the beginning of march; not at the end.

Olivier
Last edited by oga83 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Unfortunately, Raspberry Pi looks like just a failure.
They "looks like" running a linux desktop but indeed that is not usable! You cannot even surf at internet with such a speed. It's really slow device.
It might useful for downloading files while PC is offline like tools with pyload + terresact but that?s all.

Yes might we don't need expect much thing from such a device comes for $25 but it's not $25 also if you think tax + cargo. There are "tablets" offer us Android OS, LCD, WiFi, Camera and a "case" too for ~$80!

At the other hand, it's better, more powerful and cheaper than 8 bit Arduino MCU dev boards. But missing ADC unfortunately. If thay have ADC onboard, you can call it as Arduino Killer.

They first released pricey one, $35 model a which doesn't offer anything but a USB-to-Ethernet interface + one more USB port for extra +$10.
For me It's better to use an USB hub + 802.11n WiFi dongle for $10 which has speed of 150Mbps and it's wireless! If you need, there are also some usb to ethernet bridges over net...

Raspberry PI also don't have any "case". Why? A case just increase unit price for ~$1. Doesn't it worth for that? Do they planning to sell cases for +$5 later? For charge us another cargo price?
Also they increased pricing via "cargo" thing. I bought many gadgets from internet. It doesn't worth to pay such costs for shipment.
If they produce that unit at china, it will be cheaper, we don't need to pay "tax", and "cargo" comes for $1. Than we could happily buy one of them for $25.

But now, I definitely wait for "Chinese clone of Raspberry PI" for cheaper and powerful (they might place some powerful ARM) device. If you could, you can think on canceling your order.
oga83

Post by oga83 »

I don't think it is so slow to the point it is unusable (there are demos on youtube showing how it behaves).

However, I don't expect much for this price.
I just want to see if it can replace Arduino in some projects.
If ADC or DAC is needed, I will add it on a daughter board (in the same situation, Arduino often needs a proto shied, just to adapt the signal).

The case is not an issue to me. Each project needs a different one, and sometimes it might be directly included into a host device.
I've never been able to use the Arduino case because aditionnal shields (with I/O connectors) never fit into it.

I'll give it a try and let you know how it works... if I ever receive it !
At present time, I just have a weekly mail saying "it will come soon"...

Return to “General”