Read ISO Files From USB

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

thetmyster

Read ISO Files From USB

Post by thetmyster »

Would it be possible to use a D series tv or Samsung Bluray Player to virtualise a ISO File of a Bluray / DVD?
ocean
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Read ISO Files From USB

Post by ocean »

Is it maybe possible to include vlc-player into samygo?I think that player is able to play iso-files afaik...?
Samsung UE32D6510 (downgraded to T-GASDEUC-1016.0) with "SamyGO Hospitality mode hack" running
Samsung UE46ES6710 ( T-MST10PDEUC-2004) with SamyGo running
thetmyster

Post by thetmyster »

That would be awesome!!
ocean
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ocean »

Hey guys
Can one of the developers compile vlc-player for a D-series Tv?-Or does the samygoApp already have a player that deals with iso-images of DVDs?
I'm trying to get my dvd-collection to a nas-server an play it directly on tv.

Best regards
ocean
Samsung UE32D6510 (downgraded to T-GASDEUC-1016.0) with "SamyGO Hospitality mode hack" running
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

we have mounted and iso file using fuse. Manual mounting works, but here is no robust script to handle those images.
You have to mount this as filesystem first and play with built-in media player. Only this way this is possible.

If anyone develops such an application (widget?) which can handle iso files, then yes, this could be cool.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ocean
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ocean »

that's why I thaught of vlc -player.This player already has the functions includes to play iso-files without mounting them.Also the source code is free to download.So I thaught we could compile it for arm architecture and handle that files that way.But I'm not such a pro that I can develop an app by myself.

Return to “[D] Brainstorm”