Port of NTFS-3g succeeded

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

openikev2

Re: Port of NTFS-3g succeeded

Post by openikev2 »

geo650 wrote:
openikev2 wrote:[...]The problem seems to be related with the "sync" option in the mount, which I forgot to add.[...]
Thank you. New version (with sync option) seems to perform much better.
No coredumps. Files remain intact after disconnecting the drive.
That's good.
geo650 wrote: Remaining problems:
- too slow for recording of live DVB streams (maybe something could be done in PVR+, I don't know); recordings are shredded; besides, you must wait ca. 30s to stop recording (dumping a buffer is performed, I suppose),
Well, I've been doing my research. When recording using PVR+ and NTFS-3G with the "sync" option, the "ntfs-3g" process takes 30% CPU (talking about 1080i broadcast), which is not much, and when you stop the recording, you have to wait for the buffer to flush. The problem with this option is that the recording is shredded. However, if you omit the "sync" option, then ntfs-3g takes 66% CPU, and recording is ok. You don't have to wait until the stop dialog is shown, but you have to wait until data is flushed on the background. That's the reason you were losing your data. It's not more than 2-3s. I've checked that other filesystems are mounted without the "sync" option, because it is more intended to USB sticks than for HDDs.
geo650 wrote: - "ntfs-3g-mount: failed to create temporary directory" message is shown while remounting sda1 USB/HDD drive from commandline.
In the big amout of mountings I've performed, I never got that one :).
geo650 wrote: New PVR+ 1.5 will detect NTFS-3G "magic" and allow to record on such partitions.
I don't understand this one. I can use PVR+1.4 with ntfs3g without problems, just selecting the HDD. What do you mean exactly with "detect"? Do you mean that PVR+ will automatically mount NTFS-3G partitions?

Regards
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by geo650 »

openikev2 wrote:
geo650 wrote: New PVR+ 1.5 will detect NTFS-3G "magic" and allow to record on such partitions.
I don't understand this one. I can use PVR+1.4 with ntfs3g without problems, just selecting the HDD. What do you mean exactly with "detect"? Do you mean that PVR+ will automatically mount NTFS-3G partitions?
No, it will write "NTFS-3G" on recording information panel instead of "magic" numbers. PVR+ 1.4 don't allow user to record on NTFS partitions but NTFS-3G uses different "magic" number, so it can be used. Now one may use scripts execution to re-mount NTFS(-3G) partitions, but maybe it is a good idea to auto-mount NTFS partitions in case there is no driver loaded already. But if there are different fuse modules for different TV models then it becomes harder to implement. I'll think about it, but probably not in ver.1.5.

I will also do some tests later, with other HDD drive and different partition sizes.
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

geo650 wrote:
openikev2 wrote:
No, it will write "NTFS-3G" on recording information panel instead of "magic" numbers. PVR+ 1.4 don't allow user to record on NTFS partitions but NTFS-3G uses different "magic" number, so it can be used. Now one may use scripts execution to re-mount NTFS(-3G) partitions, but maybe it is a good idea to auto-mount NTFS partitions in case there is no driver loaded already. But if there are different fuse modules for different TV models then it becomes harder to implement. I'll think about it, but probably not in ver.1.5.

I will also do some tests later, with other HDD drive and different partition sizes.
Ok, that's good. I'm looking forward to your new version. I recently switched from the other record application to this one. But I couldn't set up the recording directory. It always goes to the root folder in the device. I tried with the /PVR and /pvr, but nothing changed.

Regards

I know that it is not related with this topic, but since it seems to be usefull only for us, I will ask here.
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

I did some additional tests, and I found out that I cannot record anything over 900Kbit/s. Too much CPU load that ends up into corrupted recording.
As in Spain we have very few broadcast with such a good quality (average is 300Kbit/s), I will keep using NTFS-3g for "standard" recordings, while I will use EXT3 for high bitrate recordings.

Actually, my first intention with NTFS-3g was to rename/delete/copy small files (namely, subtitle files), without the necessity of unplugging the HDD from the TV. The recording support came after that.
thetmyster

Post by thetmyster »

I cant seem to install this, I copied it to /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/NTFS-3G and nothing appeared, then I tried to run it in the PHP shell and Got a permission denied error.

What do I do? :(

Also, how Do i Install PVR plus on a D6100 Series?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

This binary is for B series only, it won`t work on C or D series until anyone ports it to D series.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
DEvil0000

Post by DEvil0000 »

execution of ntfs-3g not possible..
can you help me with this?

LE46B750
(CI+)

Code: Select all

# /mtd_rwarea/MyTools/NTFS-3G/ntfs-3g /dev/sda5 /dtv/usb/sda5 -o sync
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
# /mtd_rwarea/MyTools/NTFS-3G/ntfs-3g
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
miras

Post by miras »

Hi there!

My Model is a LE40B650, which i am using with an usb-hdd.
I've installed Firmware T-CHLCIPDEUC 2006.0 and ftp-server from Content Library applications list.

the harddisk is formatted in ntfs, and so i also installed NTFS-3G from Content Library applications list.

When turning on tv i'm starting first NTFS-3G and then FTP Server, but when i connect via filezilla to the tv it always says

Code: Select all

Antwort:	553 Error: Read-only file system.
Fehler:	Kritischer Datei?bertragungsfehler
what am i doing wrong?

i searched the forum and found that i need to run fuse first, but i connot find it in the Content Library applications list

thx,
miras
miras

Post by miras »

So, there is no one knowing any advice for this problem?
Or is there just no more support in here ?
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

Sorry, I haven't come to this forum for ages. You have the same TV model than me, so it should work. Can you login to the TV via SSH and then execute the telnet.sh script manually, and see what i says?

Some tips:
* The HDD must be connected before you load the NTFS-3G game. Any NTFS drive connected after that, will be READONLY.
* After loading the game, you have to wait a small amount of time before you try to access the filesystem (around 10-15 seconds). This is required since ntfs mounting takes a while. If you try to access the filesystem before that, the umounting of the READONLY system is aborted, so the process fails.

Regards

Return to “[B] Software”