SamyGO modified samba script

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

andi

SamyGO modified samba script

Post by andi »

If somebody else finds it useful, here is a modified 04_04_samba.init script which supports empty passwords, friendly server names, and shares filters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: SamyGO modified samba script

Post by juusso »

Didin`t looked into it, but thanks for sharing.
I think better you should to rename it to e.g. 04_04_samba_custom.init or smth else, better to leave original files untouched.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
andi

Post by andi »

I tried to make the script end user friendly as much as possible. With no additional configuration, the script behaves exactly the same as the original one, apart that it allows connection to anonymous shares with empty passwords. Even the original instructions on wiki are still valid for basic functionality.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I ment just filename. Dissable original and leave custom. This is always good if anthem is going wrong - backup file is here. Doesnt matter. Forget :-)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Asimov

Post by Asimov »

Hi andi, I got here searching for a samba script to filter shares, and yours just works like a charme, thanks for sharing!

I'd just add the possibility to specify a path deeper than the share itself: in my NAS, in one case, I have a multi-purpose network share (say USBShare1), and I'd like to filter it deeper (sort of USBShare1/Movies;USBShare1/Series). I tried to set it on your script but I suppose it skips everthing after the slash and before the semicolon.

I guess it would be a simple task to accomplish, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the scriptintg language, so I try to get some hint here :)

Thanks again!

Return to “[D] Software”