Purchased a PN51E530

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

GCMartin

Purchased a PN51E530

Post by GCMartin »

I have just purchased a Samsung 51" Class 1080p 600Hz Slim Plasma HDTV PN51E530.

I am not sure that this is the right area of the forum so if not, would the moderator move it appropriately.

My TV comes with a RJ45 port which appears to be an ethernet jack. I called Samsung support because I could NOT find any information on the ports use in the TV's documentation. They share that the port exist only for Samsung technicians use and the provision to use it is NOT included in my firmware.

Question
  • Is this TV rootable?
  • My Samsung has an ethernet port on the back of the TV. If the firmware is "rooted", would it gain access to the RJ45 port for use on my LAN. And, would the rooting allow either SAMBA or DLNA access to the LAN services where I have my media?
  • Does anyone know where or how I can determine the RAM and processor used on this TV?
  • Are the "Mainboards" the same for all SAMSUNGs in this category?
  • Has anyone else EVER made use of the "wired" port in the TV on their LAN?
Thanks in advance
GCMartin

Re: Purchased a PN51E530

Post by GCMartin »

Bump ...
If my request has already been answered somewhere else in the forum please direct me to that answer. Thx
Catfish

Re: Purchased a PN51E530

Post by Catfish »

On my E series the LAN socket is for networking. If your tv has allshare on it you should be able to use the lan cable and run allshare on your pc to access media via dlna.

Return to “[E] General”