Extracting Files to my Samsung Smart TV

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

Michael

Extracting Files to my Samsung Smart TV

Post by Michael »

Dear all, I downloaded the following SamyGO-All-Extensions-E-Series.zip and would like to take advantage of the features on my Samsung LED UA-32EH4500 with firmware version 001013. Therefore, I have just a few questions to help me I downloaded and extracted and I have the following folders:
bin, doc, etc, firmware, lib, mc, opt, phpsysinfo, rcSGO, sbin, src and usr.

Firstly, can I enable my TV to use UNPN using any of this from the all extensions?
Secondly, what is the folder and the particular file type that I will need to point my TV at?
Thirdly, is there just a generic improvement that unlocks a lot of the potential and if so which file is that?

I would be grateful of any help as all I want to do is use XBMC on my TV as Serviio is not allowing my TV to recognise .avi which is what all my Video content is in and Samsung for some reason does not like my MP4 or MKV files, so in the absence of PLEX for the latest model I would like to take advantage of XBMC.

Any suggestions, or better solutions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michael
bavay

Re: Extracting Files to my Samsung Smart TV

Post by bavay »

Hi!

By any chance, could you tell me how you got your TV to actually run the Samygo extension pack? I unpacked it on a USB stick, but none of the methods I found would work (ie I have no "game" menu, I can not simply open a file manager and run something from the TV, I see no telnet or ssh port open on the TV). I created a run.sh file on the root of the USB stick (calling samygo/rc_something), but it does not run it...

Mathias

Return to “[E] Firmware”