Best dlna program

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

fits79

Best dlna program

Post by fits79 »

Hi.

Can anyone tell me a better program than allshare manager because the last days it make me very strange things like a folder i have named "radio arvyla season 6" it doesn't recognize it and when i rename it to "radio arvila" it recognize it. Always with the exact same mkv files inside the folder.
And one file that doesn't recognize it with name "top gear s18e01.mkv" when i change the name into "top.gear s1801.mkv" it recognize it.

So can anyone tell me one better, lighter and more reliable dlna program that i can use to my samsung ue40es6100 led 3d tv?

A LOT OF THANKS FOR ALL.
Difio

Re: Best dlna program

Post by Difio »

i use tvmobili...however it's not completely free (max 10GB of streaming each month)..however it's really lighter than allshare
Feuerbard

Post by Feuerbard »

twonky is very good
saint056a

Post by saint056a »

For me best is Home Media Server
http://www.homemediaserver.ru/index.htm its free, but menu is in russian.
absent

Post by absent »

There's also Universal Media Server: http://www.universalmediaserver.com/

And Plex Media Server: http://www.plexapp.com/

Plex has an app in the Samsung Apps store on your TV which interfaces with the server on your computer. UMS though I've found to be the fastest with my Sammy TV, the folders, files and such display noticeably faster than with other DLNA's for me.
ymasgo

Post by ymasgo »

Mezzmo works the best for me.
Mostly play 720p/1080p H.264 video with AAC, AC3 or DTS audio in mkv. But one feature i really need sometimes are subs (srt/ass best already muxed in the mkv) and those rarely work for DLNA (due to subs not being in the DLNA spec and everyone doing a slightly different workaround). Those files don't need transcoding, so i didn't really look into that aspect.
Well and it worked with Mezzmo and their UI is useable, but it isn't officially free. Library management is also very nice as it let's you easily create your own virtual folders (way easier to browse on the TV).

Tested like PS3Media Server(wanted to transcode even if not needed, subs didn't work), Twonky (no subs), Allshare (kind of worked, but stored for every file it's own mta file in the same folder and library does not autorefresh), Serviio (ugly UI, library management was complicated, no subs). And once for Linux: MiniDLNA (some files were missing like those with DTS audio, but at least it's small).
Most of the testing was done like one year ago, but since then Mezzmo just worked so didn't bother to re-evaluate.

But i really would use samygo's smb/nfs support over DLNA if you have the choice and don't need transcoding. Doesn't need seperate DLNA software and just works.
jeroen79

Post by jeroen79 »

ps3mediaserver works perfectly here, maby you didn't configure it properly?
here it never tanscodes
nobody

Post by nobody »

Plex media center is not bad at all either.
Iveky3

Post by Iveky3 »

Serviio works ok, dts, 5.1, subtitles, only wmv2 needs transcoding. Has many plugins to enhance usability (i personaly use sopcast plugin).
dajojo

Post by dajojo »

Return to “[E] General”