Enter to TV with Ex-Link on 3000.2 FW

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Enter to TV with Ex-Link on 3000.2 FW

Post by arris69 »

erdem_ua wrote:RSA uses asymmetric keys.
We could get 'public' keys which needed for verify package but we need 'secret' keys for signing our package.
but if application was installed to memory before firmware update the update process 'sign' the binaries (with tvs UDN?)
can somebody pls check: are some .mac and .mac.keep files after firmware update in netsurf, samygo or avrfix directory and whats in the file /mtd_tlib/GGame/mac_config_file

also suspect for me why the udn is passed to Main_Game (it is really?) for me looks like the bowling and wiselink ignores it.

tnx
arris
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Could anyone copy all these RSA signed samygo files from tv memory for us? maybe is it possible to run these "copied to memory before 3000.2 fw update scripts" in another tv from the Usb? Are the keys "binded" to the specific tv and each of them has its own key?or there is an universal key?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
tiredjoe

Post by tiredjoe »

Last edited by tiredjoe on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I am gonna flash 3000.2 soon. :D But will leave Telnet Enabler in place (will cross-check) :)
So If those files are generated, I will put those...
But I insist, Samsung doesn't check utilities at INTERNAL memory but USB instead of generating 'keys'.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Another question. Doesn't samsung plan further support for 6th tv model? If yes, why then new fw doesn't check Usb for upgrade? If i'm going to upgrade next official fw from samsung, how i do it? Does it mean, that the 3000.2 is the last fw?
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

why then new fw doesn't check Usb for upgrade?
Who said that? It checks but also checks signatures too... And If find wrong/no signature, it doesn't recognize that as a fw... (I insist)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

erdem_ua wrote:Who said that?
--->
shwed wrote:...1) With FW 3000.2, when start standart FW Upgrade Procedure TV not find any files on USB-Stick.(LED on USB stick not flashing)
I checked,LED on USB blinks just after insertion of USB. It doesn`t blink during fw upgrade command - while tv is looking for "right" fw on USB.
erdem_ua wrote:...3) We can also prepare attack to RSA keys with cloud OpenCL applications....
Realy? im going to spend all resources of my PC 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. I can apply 7 my works PCs to find out solution ... :!:
One problem, i don`t know what exactly i have to do :?

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Might you disassm new exeDSP with IDA :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Ok. I am going to start this evening :) how long it will take? Approximatly?

marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by marcelru »

Ok. I am going to start this evening :) how long it will take? Approximatly?
On my intel core duo 1.3 GHz laptop computer it takes about an hour and a half for the disassembly, then another 20 minutes to write the assembly file (300+ MB). Do switch on demangling of names in IDA, otherwise you will get very strange subroutine names. While you're at it, also have a look at samdrv.ko, the kernel module that drives the tv. You get a new copy with slightly different features with each firmware upgrade. Maybe that kernel module is a good starting point for finding encryption mechanisms. These are typically handled by the kernel.

HTH,

marcelr

Return to “[B] Support”