NTP client

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

aquadran

NTP client

Post by aquadran »

I just compiled ntpclient from there http://doolittle.icarus.com/ntpclient/ and attached here.
I didn't tested yet, but I'll do when I back home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aquadran

Re: NTP client

Post by aquadran »

I just checked, it works, system date and time is set however it's not affect exeDSP unfornately :(
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

vreihen wrote:
aquadran wrote:I just checked, it works, system date and time is set however it's not affect exeDSP unfornately :(
From what I can tell, the Linux system clock defaults back to zero (1/1/1970 @ 00:00:00) every time the TV is powered up. My guess is that they are handling the time without using Linux's time services, probably through a CMOS/NVRAM device on the logic board that only exeDSP knows how to access. If you can figure out how to access the hardware clock, perhaps a solution similar to Red Hat's "hwclock" command that sets/retrieves a PC's CMOS time to match the Linux system clock could be developed?

One of the biggest annoyances with my TV so far has been that the on-screen clock isn't set, because I don't have the TV hooked up to an OTA or cable signal for automatic time sync and it's pointless to set it manually if it doesn't sync to an accurate source. I did notice that the Samsung 4600 BlueRay player's online manual mentioned that they support NTP on those devices, so perhaps the code from those devices may be of help?????
for me it looks like the tv has a hw clock and works with some kind of offset.
my setup is all channels terrestrial + one crypted dvbc
if i set the clock to auto in menu and set the date via telnet to correct time the display clock jump to some strange date in 2040, after switch off and on the tv this date in 2040 correct continues but system time is at 1970 (notice: as you wrote).

if somebody can figure out how the stuff realy works let me now.

arris

ps: made some experiments with rtc drivers but looks there is no support for this board
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

[SOLVED] NTP client

Post by juusso »

Could anyone tell how to install it on TV?

p.s. Solved with geo650 help. Thank You!

Code: Select all

# example NTP server from Poland (change this if you want)
SERVER="193.110.137.171"

# we must wait for internet
sleep 10
# synchronize now
/path/to/your/binary/ntpclient -s -h $SERVER -p 123
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
andyet88

Post by andyet88 »

I have problem with NTP Client on Samsung B550, date is wrong. I tried juuso script but still doet's work.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you need to set TZ value in your script for time zone. Now your time should be GMT.

BTW, ntp doesn't affect your exeDSP time. Just only system time...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
andyet88

Post by andyet88 »

Then when i click 'Info" button date can be wrong? I set in tv manually date but when i restart tv date is wrong, automatically = wrong date too.

Return to “[B] Software”