[How-To] Remote Control Signal Over Lan?

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

doodlecz
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Remote Control Signal Over Lan?

Post by doodlecz »

I used putty for testing and found no problem - do you have connection type set to "Raw"?
doodlecz

Post by doodlecz »

I'm afraid I don't know how to autostart the server, but some posts before geo650 wrote he was able to do it.. I hope he will describe his solution, it could be very helpful..
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Yes, autostart is possible. As I said, I will describe it later. Unfortunately, I have some problems with creating safe environment for that. My TV was even bricked :shock: for several minutes (restarting loop). Fortunately, I knew what I did so I repaired my error quite fast with ex-link cable. :P

Because my method will be used for any "game", I think, I will create a new thread for this and drop a link here.
Stay tuned.
doodlecz

Post by doodlecz »

Yes, this is what I'm afraid of - no ex-link cable ;)
Staying tuned..
geo650

Post by geo650 »

Here you are: LINK.

Now my TV starts with 2 "games" without any problems. Remote Control Server works well, and PVR2 allows one to record any program without entering Content Library Manager. I prepared a customized PVR2 "game" that tests if there is /dev/usb/sda1 device available before it starts recording. There is also one more feature: FAV.CH button is remapped to HDMI1 (useful button for external STB/DVB-C or TV-SAT tuner users).

BTW, ex-link cable contruction is very simple. There are no passive nor active elements. Just only 3 wires and 2 connectors. Nothing more. You can make it yourself, even without soldering device. It is worth to get such cable if you want to do strange experiments ;)
doodlecz

Post by doodlecz »

geo650 wrote:BTW, ex-link cable contruction is very simple. There are no passive nor active elements. Just only 3 wires and 2 connectors. Nothing more. You can make it yourself, even without soldering device. It is worth to get such cable if you want to do strange experiments ;)
Yeah, but in fact I don't need it right now - there's still a lot of strange experiments to be done even on non-flashed FW ;)
Btw, thanks for sharing possible solution! IMO great job!

Return to “[B] Software”