change region

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

wynrod

Re: change region

Post by wynrod »

For those people with an F8000 (or any other model which come bundled with an IR blaster), switching the local_set to your desired region is pretty straightforward.

1. Download the .WAV files from here, as listed on the SamyGo Wiki:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/samygo/ ... p/download

2. Import FACTORY+3SPEED_inv.wav into iTunes (or any other music app). Create a playlist with just this file in it, ensure that the loop function is switched off so the file will only play once. In the file properties within iTunes, turn the Volume Adjustment setting up to 100% (on a Mac, this is done via right-click -> Get Info -> Options). Turn the volume on your PC to maximum.

3. Plug the IR blaster (which Samsung conveniently ship with the TV) into your PC headphone socket. Align the IR blaster with the bottom right corner of the TV.

4. Open the Service Menu on the TV using the standard remote control - put the TV on stand-by, press Info then Menu then Mute - switch the TV on.

5. Play the FACTORY+3SPEED_inv.wav file in iTunes. The TV screen should blink and you'll be terrified you've just bricked it.

6. Switch the TV into Stand-by mode, press Info then Menu then Mute on the remote and then switch the TV back on. The local_set field should now be editable.

It took 2 attempts for me to achieve this, on the first attempt the screen blinked but nothing happened to the Service Menu. After a slight adjustment of the IR Blaster I ran it a 2nd time and everything worked just fine.

I'm running 1110.2 software.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: AW: change region

Post by fluffi444 »

Puh. This is nice!
What a handy idea to use the IR Blaster for this.
Have this still packed original in the box. ;-)
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC
AnthonyUK

Post by AnthonyUK »

Big thanks to this forums!!
I recently bought a UE40F6500 from Pixmania which was a German model XZG.
The firmware is 1112.2 and I was able to change the region to EU UK after going into the service menu.
No IR blaster or anything required.
Iveky

Post by Iveky »

What is adwantage in selecting Italian region in service menu?
sameerjamal

Post by sameerjamal »

Please I have the PS64E8000 how can I change the local set, the rusamsungtvcommunicator didnt worked with the factory and 3speed steps please any other idea.
fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fluffi444 »

sameerjamal wrote:Please I have the PS64E8000 how can I change the local set, the rusamsungtvcommunicator didnt worked with the factory and 3speed steps please any other idea.
You already have your own thread about this...
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6656

AND

... you are asking a question which is answerd in this post of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6463&start=30#p48568
I think this methond could work also for your PS64E8000... Go ahead and try it...
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC
SpaceCowboy666

Post by SpaceCowboy666 »

klarya wrote:why don't you use the correct code for service menue?
i also have an ue55f6500.

use normal remote, that comes with tv.

turn off tv

press info -> menu -> mute -> power on tv

then under option is a point locat set

mine is eu_ger
Hi all,

I bougth last Oktober 19th. a 55f6500 german model with softwareversion 1112.2 I tried the method quoted above and also can easily change the local set this way in many countrys including ...BeNeLux..which i need (Ne=Netherlands) just using the remotecontrol. But i am a litlle sceptic, because this way is so easy according to all other methods descriped on this forum. Will this work if i can enter the servicemenu end change the region code as i can now?
Can anyone please confirm if this method really works and how can i check this?

Greetings
charliemp

Post by charliemp »

I have a UE46F6800. It was bought in Spain from Pixmania and the only country options were Belgium and Holland. I have been reading various forums about how to change the region to get the Freesat EPG but have been nervous about some of the options.
I have just tried the above suggestion:

turn off tv

press info -> menu -> mute -> power on tv

and got straight into the service menu. I have changed the region to UK and rescannned the channels and now have the full Freesat EPG.
Only downside is that it has reset all my picture settings so will have to recalibrate, but I guess that it is a price worth paying.
Thanks to those on this forum that suggested it.
Feuerbard

Post by Feuerbard »

beware - samsung tv in europe manufactured from about 39 week 2013 and later use IP geo-blocking if you change region in service menu - its block video from integrated tuner and on screen floating warning , info not verified but it is information from samsung service

Return to “[F] Firmware”