Record TV over USB

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Record TV over USB

Post by erdem_ua »

After hack is complete, It's became simple program.
Here we making loading as library and program could be reachable by exeDSP.
Overwriting some language area with our code (in binary via Firmware patcher) and placing hooks to Rec button to this function that we injected to exeDSP's unused language translations area, than it's no difference between loading library or already patched exeDSP.

You can use videoARFix v2 via AVRFixv2 utility or Firmware Patcher (only for T-CHL7DEUC 2004.1).
If I understand newagehuns code, than I could patch v2 to fimrware easyly but I don't understand the hook points.

Since I started PVR tools, I already know button press capture procedures and high probability to convert it into TV's firmware by Firmware Patcher later :)
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Such a thing is not possible via parameter change...
It require remuxing but this is NOT related with PVR tool.
But we could place another application that remux these medias at background after capture is complete...
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

samyb679 wrote:Hello erdem_ua
How many time it would be use for remux for example a 90 minutes-film ?
Greets SamyB679
Remuxing does not take much CPU power, it takes nearly same time for copying that file.
But downside is AFAIK this TV's USB controller is really slow. Again it's enough juice to make the job quick.
I am still voting for recording via NFS/Samba. Computer could automatically convert those streams into mpeg/avi/mkv file within some small scripts...
meinsource wrote: Most surprising for me was that I was able to record the video while I was playing back with the TV Mediaplayer from a previous ZDF recording.
(Both datastreams (play and recording) were on the same USB drive)
This is really good news.
I suppose that it needed to work in same time but don't actually tried before. :D
doodlecz
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by doodlecz »

I also tried to play recorded streams on TV.
In my case, generally I can play recorded streams - aspect ration is bad and for some specific channels, I cannot hear anything, because there is more audio channels in the stream and the first one (dolby digital?) does not seem to be possible to play by TV.
Finally I also checked recording while playing recorded stream and it works. I also vote for network because using USB can be very unstable for parallel reading and writing. I think I'll try implement one interesting feature, you can guess what ;-)

Return to “[B] Support”