D8000 with identity crisis!?!? Can you help to identify it?

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

mtriper

D8000 with identity crisis!?!? Can you help to identify it?

Post by mtriper »

I bought a refurbished TV from a local Samsung service shop clearance. Basically they sell off whatever works for half of the market price (even less to employees).

It has worked perfectly and I have no complains, but it has no stickers on the back w/ the model or serial numbers. The TV was sold to me as a UN60D8000 and it?s certainly a 60" and it looks like an D8000 BUT it thinks its a 46". Even the service menu says model UN46D8000 type 46A2UF8E

My guess is that the main board was replaced with a 46?s board or even the firmware was flashed over the original one. Thing is it doesn't update over the internet, but now reading the forums I realize it might be a good thing (right?).

Does anyone know how could I figure out the real model number on this? Do I need to know it for anything?
Sammy

Re: D8000 with identity crisis!?!? Can you help to identify

Post by Sammy »

Open it up and see if its got any panel model numbers in it, maybe post pics of the internals, maybe someone will recognise them?

Return to “[D] Firmware”