Replacement Panel - issues?

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

bigi

Replacement Panel - issues?

Post by bigi »

My Le40C650 has recently had the LCD Panel replaced under warranty; however since it returned, the picture just is not the same - much more pixellation and just looks wrong - even after I have spent hours trying to get it set up right.

Originally I had a Chi Mei Panel installed; when it returned it had a Samsung panel installed instead (which I expected to look much better!). The question is, does it need updating in the Service menu to recognise the new panel?

I have tried resetting the TV to defaults after installing the latest firmware (T-VALDEUC-3018.1) as it was originally on 3015; but this if anything seems to have made things even worse - the error correction around images and in particular lettering looks awful. Is it possible to downgrade to 3015 again?

Thanks!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Replacement Panel - issues?

Post by beatfreak »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6919
but if you are still under warranty try to contact samsung again
how did you determine your type of display installed?

you could find someone with exactly the same model as yours and compare the service-menu settings...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
bigi

Re: Replacement Panel - issues?

Post by bigi »

thanks for the reply beatfreak :)

The TV was bought from Costco, so gets repaired by their appointed repairers. After they told me threee different stories about what was being replaced i didn't trust they would do anything, so prior to it going off i marked and made a note of all part and serial numbers, then checked them after.

Prior to repair, panel was a Chi Mei Optoelectronics, p/no V400H1-LH9 Rev C2
After repair, the panel is a Samsung, p/no LTF400HF15 Rev A02

Based on the above, you'd expect the picture to be better...but it isn't! I would ask them to take again but after the last attempt i'm loathed to let them have another go....!

Return to “[C] Hardware”