software upgrade

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: software upgrade

Post by erdem_ua »

First PDF is deleted. And As I understand from second one, we can reprogram flash via serial link.
But we don't know how to do it. We also make it via 11->4->68 option which let us down to linux shell.
Is that program uses that way or another?
It's easy to understand that via eavesdropping the update process but it requires that application.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Yes yes, It looks like tv supporting In-System Programming protocol. I wanted to try to read/write flash area on my TV. But this requires special MStar JIG Hardware...
As I understand, TV's PC Connection DSUB used as JIG port. I don't heard it before, Is it synonym for JTAG? If we identify the required pins, than we could reprogram this TV from JTAG protocol :)
Last edited by erdem_ua on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JTAG
aquadran

Post by aquadran »

erdem_ua wrote:Yes yes, It looks like tv supporting In-System Programming protocol. I wanted to try to read/write flash area on my TV. But this requires special MStar JIG Hardware...
As I understand, TV's PC Connection DSUB used as JIG port. I don't heard it before, Is it synonym for JTAG? If we identify the required pins, than we could reprogram this TV from JTAG protocol :)
MStar is not used in current board, however I'm not sure, I found reference over some other diagrams I think. But don't remember right now.
I need look again.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I just bought Arduino Duemilanove. Will try to inspect DSub connection if there is a JTAG port. I guess that that MicroStar thing is also JTAG compatible.
If we have JTAG access to board, than probably upload/download firmware images with it. So could revive every bricked TV with it :)
aquadran

Post by aquadran »

erdem_ua wrote:I just bought Arduino Duemilanove. Will try to inspect DSub connection if there is a JTAG port. I guess that that MicroStar thing is also JTAG compatible.
If we have JTAG access to board, than probably upload/download firmware images with it. So could revive every bricked TV with it :)
B series are not MicroStar, however might be compatible, who knows
asper

Post by asper »

Here are many schematics, docs and software (XP Only) to build both Samsung and LG JIG:

2 softwares are available: 1 is able to flash and another is able to adjust via JIG interface:
MStar ISP Utility V4.0.8.6 (FLASH SOFTWARE)

IIC ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM (ADJUST SOFTWARE):

There is also a scheme on how to connect JIG to PC:

I have not so much technical abilities to build one but maybe someone can try it.

All of that can be downloaded here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9qx3tv

Other info here: http://monitor.espec.ws/section11/topic37230.html

Other software here: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?w ... NG+softjig
kpkev

Post by kpkev »

wow thanks for the info. I was looking for something exactly like this for testing on my broke mainboard. very interesting read nonetheless and very nice coming up with the schematics and software
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I have this xls file with some soft (click on icon) and descriptions. Hope this helps you somehow.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[B] Support”