right half of screen glows blue

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

lpraster

right half of screen glows blue

Post by lpraster »

Have recently the problem is that on my UE55C7700 (UE55C7700WSXXN, T-VALDEUC-3018.1) the right half of the screen glows blue.
It has that just have the impression that the black levels a blue shimmer. A white is displayed correctly for example.

I have already tried to eliminate this error by reset to factory condition.
Unfortunately nothing has helped.

If I set the brightness to about 75, the blue on the right side is as good as gone.
If I place the brightness to a very low value, the blue on the right side is unbearable.

The T-Con board (BN81-04358A) and the Power Supply board (BN44-00376A) have already been replaced.
However, this has not eliminated the problem.

I hope someone can help me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: right half of screen glows blue

Post by Lordbyte »

My best guess is that some buffer used for rendering screen have a defective SRAM chip with a stuck bit somewhere in the range of D0..D31 outputting blue instead of black.
Thus, I bet my money on a hardware error :-)

Well .. I suppose some piece of software could stuff buffer with bad values ..
At this stage you lose nothing by totally reinstalling every piece of software, just for the hell of it .. :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

based on 13 months of experience in acer notebook repair i am pretty sure that this problem is hardware related...
is there some moment in the whole tv runtime (from backlight on to backlight off) when the black is displayed normal across the whole screen?
so i also tkink Lordbyte made a good bet on "vga-ram"...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
lpraster

Post by lpraster »

Thanks for you answers!
beatfreak wrote: is there some moment in the whole tv runtime (from backlight on to backlight off) when the black is displayed normal across the whole screen?
if I switch from one channel to another, then black is displayed normal across the whole screen.

I will try to reinstall the firmware. For that I have to get root access, because i have already VALDEUC-3018.1 installed.
Can you tell me where theses RAM's are placed? Are they placed on the Mainboard?
I hope the panel itself has no failure!
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

yes, the chips should be on mb, what about the bahaviour with other input sources (vga, hdmi, scart...)?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
lpraster

Post by lpraster »

beatfreak wrote:yes, the chips should be on mb, what about the bahaviour with other input sources (vga, hdmi, scart...)?
with the other input sources i have the same error.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

ok, then you could try to reset as much software as possible, if you don't brick your tv this way and don't fix your screen you'll need a new mb anyway...
and if you have to order hardware its a good idea to get additional a new lvds-cable for the connection to your panel.

~.
lpraster

Post by lpraster »

Thank you all!
I have orderd a new mainboard and a new ribbon-cable! ;-)
How deep can i reset the software?
I have done a factory reset and a have reupdated the firmware! Is there more i can do?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

now, as you are getting a new mb anyway you could get a ex-link cable http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Ex-Lin ... BD_players and try to format rwarea http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... t_USB_hack

~.

Return to “[C] Hardware”