Looking for PVR to Samba share

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

oconnor

Looking for PVR to Samba share

Post by oconnor »

Hi I'm new and I want to record movies to a samba share at my dreambox from my TV UE42F5370 via LAN. Is that possible? I've read about PVRAnyDev E/F, but I've no access to that site :cry:. Is my dreambox 800HDse able to play the movies? Or do I've to decode the files?

edit1:
I've read that I need a decoder like "DeSTRoi" is there also a Linux tool for that, that runs on my dreambox? Does it need high CPU power?

edit2:
I think [App] SamyGO PVRtoTS E/F series is what I'm looking for! But I've no permission to see PVRtoTS E/F.

I think what I'm looking for is a mix between PVRAnyDev E/F and PVRtoTS E/F but I have no permission to read this forum. What do I have to do, to read these forums and download these apps?
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Looking for PVR to Samba share

Post by karo2204 »

Hi oconnor,
did you find a solution? I am looking for this too and I have the same problem. Would be nice if you could help.
Karolin
Samsung TV: UE46F6500
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

f=40 is only for our devels
so for you it means that these tools are not ready to use
pvrtoanydev means that you do not have to have a hdd with a specific filesystem plugged to your tv (but you already can fake this constellation and mount a network share as a kind of overlay to have your recordings on NAS/ *server)
pvrtots is more about the type of the files that hold the single recordings
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
oconnor

Post by oconnor »

Hi,
what I want is that the TV should record to a NAS. The NAS has a DLNA Server. So every client like Handy, Dreambox, Laptop ... should be able to play the records. I have read that the TV records in a encrypt format so that only the TV ist able to play the records. So to let the TV record to the NAS I need PVRAnyDev E/F. To record in an unencrypted format I need PVRtoTS E/F. Is that correct? How long will it take untill pvrtots is ready or useable for all? Will it take a mounth, half a year, one year, more than a year or its done than its done?

edit:
karo2204 wrote:Hi oconnor,
did you find a solution? I am looking for this too and I have the same problem. Would be nice if you could help.
Karolin
No until now I did noot find a solution.
Last edited by oconnor on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by karo2204 »

Why can't someone help here? I really would like to record on my NAS.

Apparently it works, but why can not someone supply a tutorial?
Samsung TV: UE46F6500
matfalci

Post by matfalci »

I have mounted samba share and I can see all my files but in PVR there is only the local USB not Virtual USB....

Any chance to PRV to samba share?

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”