Record PVR to NAS (NFS)

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Record PVR to NAS (NFS)

Post by karo2204 »

juuso wrote:sure you can.

Perfect. Thanks
Samsung TV: UE46F6500
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by karo2204 »

Hi there,

I still have the problem that the $MOUNT_PATH changes from time to time when the NFS is mounted. How can I set it to a fixed path?

Or can I just insert "$MOUNT_PATH" into /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/so/libPVRtoTS.config where I have to set the directory ( "ts_outdir":)? so it would look like this:

Code: Select all

"ts_outdir": "$MOUNT_PATH/nfs/192.168.0.14/tvshows/",
Would this work?

Thanks.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I'm almost sure it won't work...

Replace your PVRtoTS.init script with this one:
06_02_PVRtoTS.zip
"ts_outdir" will be dynamically changed according to MOUNT_PATH
Then it should work :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by karo2204 »

Thanks. Right now it seems to work. I have to look into it.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Ok, maybe I'm wrong ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by karo2204 »

No no. I will try it.

I have inserted the nfsmount.ini and the PVRtoTS.ini into vusb.init at the end, so the nfs share gets mounted. Maybe that was the case.

I will try your script for sure. Will let you know.
karo2204
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: PVRtoTS E/F series

Post by karo2204 »

Hi there,

as I promised here is a short tutorial on how to record on the attached external HDD to your TV and the NAS via NFS at the same time.

Basically you have rooted your TV with the latest SamyGO.zip and the data.zip file.

Then you just have to add your IP from your NAS (SERVER) and your NFS share (SHARES) to the 03_03_nfsmount.init (rename the file from 03_03_nfsmount.init.dis to 03_03_nfsmount.init):

##### YOU CAN CHANGE ME HERE ######
SERVER="192.168.0.14"
# SERVER="10.0.0.1" # if you want a fixed server
SHARES="/volume2/tvshows"
# SHARES="Video Music Photo" # if you won't all your shares, but then set SERVER too!!
##### CHANGE ME END ######
(replace my IP and Shares with yours)

Reboot TV and check if the share got mounted alright. Connect to your TV via telnet and type:

mount -o bind
If that is OK, upload the attached 06_02_PVRtoTS.init file.

Go to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso and edit the libPVRtoTS.config file.

Copy from the mount output the full mount path and insert into the libPVRtoTS.config file under ts_outdir you opened up above.
Here is an example:

"ts_outdir": "/dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/192.168.0.14/tvshows",
Save and make all files executable. Reboot TV and check if everything has started right on the Webif.

Do a test recording and refresh the Webif page. You can see if the recording is decrypting right to your NAS.

If you have any questions you can contact me anytime.

Please be aware that I am not responsible if you brick your TV. Use at your own risk.

Have fun and please ask if you need any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

short question at the side, what exactly changes in your path?
i'm pretty sure there is at least a autodetect/search workaround-script for this :)

$MOUNT_PATH would have to be exported as a global environment variable, idk whats the equivalent to /dtv/SGO.env in F-Series SamyGO
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
gogo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by gogo »

juuso wrote:I think you should look closer to these three files. I set PVR to NFS on my D series and everything works well. With PVRAnyDev i hope just serve IP and share path is needed to adjust. xfs should be ok for recording. Try!
juuso, please can you help me?
I'm trying a half year to setup nfs share, I read all threads on forum couple times, I try everything, but I can't setup recordings.
Only i success with samyGo script 03_03_nfsmount.init mount shares.
Last few days I trying setup your scripts but without success.
Maybe i made some mistake in mount share location, i try all combination, but won't work.
I have Linux Mint
I've install nfs-kernel-server, make two directories for sharing in root directory:
/nfsrec/recordings
/nfsvid/videos

In /etc/exports I add:
/nfsvid/videos 192.168.5.8/255.255.255.0(rw,async,no_subtree_check,root_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)
/nfsrec/recordings 192.168.5.8/255.255.255.0(rw,async,no_subtree_check,root_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)
In /etc/fstab:
/home/user/Videos /nfsvid/videos none bind
/home/user/Pictures /nfsrec/recordings none bind

I tested on another Linux Mint PC and NFS shares work.
But I'm trying to configure your scripts without success.
liverhook
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by liverhook »

zoelechat wrote:I'm almost sure it won't work...

Replace your PVRtoTS.init script with this one:
06_02_PVRtoTS.zip
"ts_outdir" will be dynamically changed according to MOUNT_PATH
Then it should work :)

Hi zoelechat,

I've rooted my F6500 (german), have done the steps 'PVRAnyDEV', 'PVRtoTS', 'ZoelPVR', 'ts2filename' and 'zoneinfo' !
In 'libPVRtoTS.config' I've set:
------------------------------------
"ts_outdir": "/dtv/usb/sdc/smb/192.168.1.20/SamyPVR",
// "ts_outext": ".srf" && ts_outdir == "" -> overwrite .srf with decrypted .ts
"ts_outext": ".ts",
// wait until 'wait_frame_cnt' frames are available for decryption, check again after 'wait_ms' millisecs
"wait_frame_cnt": 2000,
"wait_ms": 50,
// $1 = decrypted file path
//e.g. "exec_when_done": "/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/ts2filename"
"exec_when_done": "/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/ts2filename"

---------------------------------
in 'smb_userdata' with the set samba shares.
It works !!!
The recorded .ts-file is found on my NAS samba share in the above mentioned folder 'SamyPVR' (own title).
But the same recorded file is also/yet on the tv-attached usb-drive (/dtv/usb/sdb1/CONTENTS/), and when the drive is full, the tv claimes to have not enough space.

How can I block this recording on the attached usb-drive, which is the only choosable recording device in the tv's menu.
Would the problem be gone, if I could make the samba share folder to the choosable recording device in the tv's menu?
I've read, that this could have something to do with the absence of the folder 'CONTENTS' ?
Would I have to do further steps in or with some files found in this forum ?

And now a short feedback (I think useful for the developers in this forum and the users too) for the now working things on my f6500 after absolving the above mentioned steps:
I can record onto the NAS and the same time look another video from the same or another share!
I call it with the tv's remote in 'sources - virtual-usb - ...' , where the samba shares appear with the present video files!
I can at the same time change the source of the tv to my attached cable-receiver without interrupting the recording, but I can't change the channel in the source 'tv' (also like with an umounted tv; also 'screen mirror'-function interrupts the recording)!
The recorded file (on the samba share) has the former set time addings before and after the recording time, and also the correct name (from the following main movie) with time and date (with corrected time for european berlin zone).
I can push the power key during the recording, and the tv goes into some standby mode (screen off) with no red led as normal and with further recording without disturbances!
Connection from tv to nas is a fritzbox 7490 over wlan (wpa2-aes-key and 40MHz broad channel with the 5GHz net and marked wlan speed of 150-350 Mbit/s up and down! Other file operations on the same NAS folder or further network activity over the same router don't disturbe the recording yet (some controlled with 'tsdoctor' program, which scans the video file for errors).
All in all I'm very satified, that I could manage this all, although I don't know much about linux and there commands and programming languages.
And therefore I'd like to thank all working people here at this project (for there files and scripts and other tipps and help).

It would be great, if we could manage the above mentioned problem with the dual recording, I would like to only record on my nas. If you have to ask me about several "file / script status and locations", which is very likely, please ask and I will give infos as good as I can about my system so far established (which I think is still not perfect or complete in your developers seeing; but things must go on).

Many thanks in advance
Mein TV-Modellcode: UE40F6500; Softwareversion: T-MST12DEUC-2102.2, BT-G

Return to “[F] Support”