Vudu app outside of US market?

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Vudu app outside of US market?

Post by TOMillr »

I'm curious if someone has been able to get the Vudu app to work. No matter which dns proxy service I use, I only get a geo-restriction error message on start up. Could it be that the app is checking the firmware id itself?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Vudu app outside of US market?

Post by M11 »

Vudu app is checking TV region and Smart Hub region, its easy to fix that.
Their server checks your ip so You also need a DNS proxy. It works with European credit card.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

M11 wrote:Vudu app is checking TV region and Smart Hub region, its easy to fix that.
How would I fix that? Do I have to change those region settings on my tv or is there something inside the app itself (which I've already downloaded to my computer) that I can edit?
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

Still haven't figured out how to get Vudu to even start properly. I've changed the SmartHub location to US and was able to download the app and I'm also using an DNS proxy.

So I guess I also have to change the local region setting of the tv itself. Does the described way in the wiki (using the IR blaster and a wav file) also work with my F6470, which ships with the IR blaster?

Also, I couldn't find any information on what changing this region setting actually entails. Does it affect things like available UI languages, settings or the video formats the tv uses?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

As far as i know you can't change locale to us. Even if you can, this could brick your TV because tuner hardware is different.
Its a lot easier and safer to edit the app and give it the expected locale in code.
F9000 + SEK-3500U

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”