[PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F/H series - Version 1.8.2.53

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [PC] SamyGO PVRDecoder for E/F series - Version 1.5.3.4

Post by Lordbyte »

Are you using WiFi ?

I have a theory that your network is less than 100% stable ... Could you try a cabled connection ?

And did you set PASV mode in settings ?
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
Kangiten

Post by Kangiten »

Not wifi, but my TV is connected to the Internet through powerline. Could that cause the issue?

And yes, I've set PASV in the settings. Very odd thing.

EDIT: it has worked! I changed a setting, and the transfer worked a charm. I don't know if it makes sense, but I noticed that "Decoder thread priority" was set to "Idle". So I set it to "Normal" just to see if it would make any difference, and it did! I'll try transferring more files tomorrow and see if they work just as well. Thanks for the assistance :)
Last edited by Kangiten on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

Is it possible for you to setup an isolated network for testing ... ?

1 TV, 1 Router and 1 PC ... nothing else on that network.

I have no experience with powerline-connections, but I also never saw the "Index(10)"-error ... I dont know if its related.
But your tests could determine that :-)

You are now officially a staff-member beta-testing this issue .. I want to fix any and all errors that are reproducable :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
Kangiten

Post by Kangiten »

Lordbyte, I've edited my post above to explain what I changed that seems to make everything work!
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

Nice ... but strange :)

Thread priority first becomes relevant once the FTP-transfer has finished, and the decoder is about to start.
It cannot have any influence on aborted/failed FTP-operations ... And leaving working-folder empty is absolutely NOT due to thread-priority.
Also, the setting called "idle" is NOT default .. When you install the PVR-decoder it will launch first time with a setting of "normal".

Setting thread-priority to "idle" will make the decryption a "bit" slower, but not much, unless you have your PC working hard in some OTHER task.

Anyway, I am happy you now have a working setup, - but i am still rather puzzeled :-)

Gratz :-)
Kangiten

Post by Kangiten »

Yes, puzzling. I'll try transferring more files and keep you posted if I run into the "index out of bounds issue". It's very possible that I changed the thread priority setting when I was trying to configure the program.
In any case, I know I still have the offline mode if it goes wrong.

Thanks for the great app and support!
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

You are most welcome ..

And please DO return with a follow-up report ... I want to hear about success too.
Especially it would be a nice report that you have successfully decoded .. say .. 10 recordings with NO incidents.

Until then .. happy decoding :-)
marius2du
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by marius2du »

Hi
Except internal digital tuner, is there a way to record from EXT input (not HDMI)?
Thanks
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

marius2du wrote:Hi
Except internal digital tuner, is there a way to record from EXT input (not HDMI)?
Thanks
Sorry dude. No clue.

You should try a thread where the hardware-wizards hang out.
In this thread we basically only support the decoder tool mentioned in top post.
marius2du
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by marius2du »

I see.... As decoder tool is dependent on rooting, do you treat root issues which may occur after a while?

Return to “[F] Software”