Amazon Instant on LE40C650

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

surfatwork

Amazon Instant on LE40C650

Post by surfatwork »

Hi again,

with help and advice from my other thread, I now have a rooted LE40C650 in the UK. It is on T-VALDEUC 3011. I am trying to get Amazon Instant running on it. Here is what I have tried, to no avail:

- tried Sven Ullrich's repository. The app installs, but tells me that a firmware upgrade is required. I have tried all T-VALDEUC firmware's upto 3018 without luck. I think the app is talking about a "app" version upgrade.
- tried setting the TV's infolink country to Germany - it was None. that got my internet@tv to connect to the germany samsung app store, but there wasnt any amazon instant.
- tried setting the country in Internet@TV to USA. That got me connected to the US store, but I didnt find any Amazon instant on the list of apps.

Any suggestions welcome. thanks

Update:
The amazon US website states that LN40C650 is supported. However the UK website doesnt include LE40C650. Would this make a difference?
Is the US samsung store not displaying the amazon app because the international region code is E? Can the international region code be changed?
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Amazon Instant on LE40C650

Post by beatfreak »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422820 wrote:On Samsung TVs manufactured beginning in 2012, select Amazon Instant Video from the Smart Hub home screen, and then download and install the Smart Hub firmware. For Samsung TVs manufactured in 2009 or 2010, you can use Yahoo! Widgets to access Amazon Instant Video. You might need to update your device firmware to access the Amazon Instant Video service.
does this help?
and did you change the InfoLinkCountry setting in Service menu or did you use the <FF> 2 8 9 <RW> method?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
surfatwork

Post by surfatwork »

tried both. neither worked.
tried yahoo widgets too in each of the above cases with every firmware, but the yahoo widget list didnt offer amazon.

I thought I could ftp the current US app, but I cant seem to find it.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

AFAIK its only served via http, try to open (serverip)/widgetlist.xml and look for a suitable .zip in <download> tag
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Return to “[C] Support”