Reverting to original firmware D5500

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

awgan

Reverting to original firmware D5500

Post by awgan »

Hi everyone
I have UE32D5500, I did some time ago this DNS hack, to revert to last firmware known to work with samygo widget. Now in system info stays that firmware version is 1009 and in upgrade menu that current firmware is 1090.
Now I'd like to get back to Samsung's original firmware (current version available on Samsung's site is 1023), online upgrade returns 606 error - no newer firmware, usb upgrade returns that there is no valid firmware file.

I did try to change version numbers in files on USB stick, but this also didn't work.
I also searched the formum, no luck either or my keywords were wrong.

Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks
filque

Re: Reverting to original firmware D5500

Post by filque »

there is no way to revert to original firmware. Try to wait until Samsung will relase 1091 firmware ;) or buy new D5500, and never try to hack something in your TV.
Info for moderators of this forum: Add info to your downgrade instruction, that there is no possibility to revert antyhing after downgrade
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

filque wrote:...
Info for moderators of this forum: Add info to your downgrade instruction, that there is no possibility to revert antyhing after downgrade
if you have a rooted tv you can manually flash what you like...
filque

Post by filque »

arris69 wrote:.... if you have a rooted tv you can manually flash what you like...
Rooting is avaialabe only for arm cpu architecture - models 6xxx and above

No way to revert firmware to original for D5500 :x
dao89

Post by dao89 »

I have d7000 with downgraded via DNS hack firmware. I need to upgrade to some fresh (original) firmware, how can I do this? I didn't found any information here. Why there is no warning that there are no easy (or even NO way) way to revert original FW? :x
Samweis

Post by Samweis »

That's not true.

I sucessfully reverted my D6500 back to the original FW and manged to update it to 1026.

- Enter Service Menue (Turn Off, Press Info -> Menue -> Mute -> Power)
- Choose Factory Reset and Apply (TV turns Off after a Minute or so)
- Turn TV On (All Setting will be Lost) and make an FW-Update via USB or LAN

Voila, FW is Original and Up to Date

Return to “[D] Firmware”