Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Post by sectroyer »

szaboivan wrote: If i know the H series have MST 14x CPU. This cpu is arm cortex a9 based or not ? Oscam is running in arm based cpu ?

Sorry for my bad english .
I love this posts. You don't want to know why it doesn't work and where oscam works :D You want to know how to make it work on your TV :) Answer to last question is - there is NO WAY!!! :)
Now answering other questions:
1) Oscam NEEEDS E/F 7k/8k FIRMWARE!!!!
You don't have E, You don't have F and you don't have 7k/8k firmware (often referred as NON-MST). Besides for now there is NO OSCAM for ANY H :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

sectroyer wrote:
szaboivan wrote: If i know the H series have MST 14x CPU. This cpu is arm cortex a9 based or not ? Oscam is running in arm based cpu ?

Sorry for my bad english .
I love this posts. You don't want to know why it doesn't work and where oscam works :D You want to know how to make it work on your TV :) Answer to last question is - there is NO WAY!!! :)
Now answering other questions:
1) Oscam NEEEDS E/F 7k/8k FIRMWARE!!!!
You don't have E, You don't have F and you don't have 7k/8k firmware (often referred as NON-MST). Besides for now there is NO OSCAM for ANY H :)
I like the way your brain works :D
The point here is that some people do not know what to with root without oscam.
As a matter of facts I bouth an H only because of the very attractive price (399 Euro for a 40 inches 2D SmatTv 2014 is really very cheap) and also because I will never install oscam on it.
At home I have UE46ES8000 and UE40F8000 ... try to imagine what I have installed on both after root ? ;)
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

miazza wrote: As a matter of facts I bouth an H only because of the very attractive price (399 Euro for a 40 inches 2D SmatTv 2014 is really very cheap) and also because I will never install oscam on it.
At home I have UE46ES8000 and UE40F8000 ... try to imagine what I have installed on both after root ? ;)
You don't have sat tuner on your H ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

sectroyer wrote:
miazza wrote: As a matter of facts I bouth an H only because of the very attractive price (399 Euro for a 40 inches 2D SmatTv 2014 is really very cheap) and also because I will never install oscam on it.
You don't have sat tuner on your H ? :)
No. Only DTT but oscam works also on DTT :)
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
super5
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by super5 »

Brand new Tv 1 hour old connected to the net and firmware update was pushed after turn on and off. Even said no to update on setup screen.
If you buy a new H series before connecting internet disable OTN asap or it could be too late...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

super5 wrote:Brand new Tv 1 hour old connected to the net and firmware update was pushed after turn on and off. Even said no to update on setup screen.
If you buy a new H series before connecting internet disable OTN asap or it could be too late...
Told you ;) MST or NON-MST? :)
You can wait few days and try replacing on warranty terms. Say it randomly reboots or something like this :). Something that's not easy to test ;)
super5
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by super5 »

Yep MST. First thing I did well second was go to firmware settings and disable autoupdate. Didn't expect it to push firmware so quickly :( could of been a region thing for my area as sm shows old fw as MST14DEUS and new fm as MST14UABC which is asia pacific area. My E series was similar with the same ABC something firmware, Version now is 2123. I may return as you said as i do have abit of backlight clouding.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

super5 wrote:Yep MST. First thing I did well second was go to firmware settings and disable autoupdate. Didn't expect it to push firmware so quickly :( could of been a region thing for my area as sm shows old fw as MST14DEUS and new fm as MST14UABC which is asia pacific area. My E series was similar with the same ABC something firmware, Version now is 2123. I may return as you said as i do have abit of backlight clouding.
Yeah possible root is gone... Not sure tough... It requires more investigation... Anyway I explained that disabling auto updates in "normal menu" does a shit :P You have to use OTN Support...
super5
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by super5 »

sectroyer wrote: Anyway I explained that disabling auto updates in "normal menu" does a shit :P You have to use OTN Support...
Yep saying no means nothing... love how they still give u a choice but ignore it :lol:
aktuls2
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aktuls2 »

Just to clarify... all the OTN disabling instructions were a bit vague (for me atleast :lol: )
Last night fiddled with my H6 series TV - the ir transmitter that comes with the tv, should be connected to your laptop headphones output, place the transmitter directly on the tv screen edge while playing the ir wav files. If you feel its not working, pump up the volume on the mediaplayer/itunes and computer headphone volume. Also keep trying different position on the screen edge. I got several infos on screen saying [not supported] - which meant the commands are sent but were not correct (first INFO then factory 3speed wav.)

Good luck trying, it isn't that hard after all once you figure it out! Be careful in the menus do not improvise with other settings, it might render tv useless, no one would want that 8-)

Return to “[H] Firmware”