Can I disable OTN-Support with my F-Series Samsung coming IR

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

Patrioter

Can I disable OTN-Support with my F-Series Samsung coming IR

Post by Patrioter »

Hey.

I Think I have to do this:
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_To ... re_Updates
Cos I really hope for OSCAM or XBMC / OPENLEC support in future for my creepy UEXXF6470 with Softwareversion T-MST12DEUC-1118.2,BT-S/G.

I only had this "IR-Blaster", coming with my TV:
http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integrat ... seq=897737
It has 3.5 INCH Jack. I own a 3.5 cable with two MALE ends.

Is that the right one?

I would like to do the wav-File method(http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Change ... n_F_series) to come into the extended service menu.

Greetings by Patrioter
UEXXF6470
with Softwareversion:
T-MST12DEUC-2117,BT-S/G
rooted
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Can I disable OTN-Support with my F-Series Samsung comin

Post by Lordbyte »

Hmm, I am unsure if this is a stupid comment, but ...

Your picture says "Input Jack for TV" ...
I "believe" you are supposed to plug it into a PC, and playback Wav-files to the TV thus acting as a remote control.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Exactly (not stupid :) ), use 3.5 jack adapter, plug it to PC and play wave file...
I could go even further, and say you may not need it at all. Did you check in service menu if you can't already find OTN support option without unlocking extended menu? It has been noticed that on many (most? all?) MST models (E,F,H) there's no need to access it to disable updates. I know that's not what says wiki :D , possibly check in "normal" service menu->option->MRT option.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Exactly (not stupid :) ), use 3.5 jack adapter, plug it to PC and play wave file...
I could go even further, and say you may not need it at all. Did you check in service menu if you can't already find OTN support option without unlocking extended menu? It has been noticed that on many (most? all?) MST models (E,F,H) there's no need to access it to disable updates. I know that's not what says wiki :D , possibly check in "normal" service menu->option->MRT option.
I am not sure if for mst models the "path" is the same for me I think it was:
Service Menu -> "Control" -> "Sub Option" -> "OPTION_SWU" -> "OTN Support" -> Off
:)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:I am not sure if for mst models the "path" is the same for me I think it was:
Service Menu -> "Control" -> "Sub Option" -> "OPTION_SWU" -> "OTN Support" -> Off
:)
Possible. I also don't own F and I was refering to "service menu tree" of a similar model/same firmware posted here. Anyway, some seeking may be needed :)
McFly

Post by McFly »

zoelechat wrote:Did you check in service menu if you can't already find OTN support option without unlocking extended menu? It has been noticed that on many (most? all?) MST models (E,F,H) there's no need to access it to disable updates. I know that's not what says wiki :D , possibly check in "normal" service menu->option->MRT option.
Hey, thank you so much for this hint!!
I recently got a UE32F5570 and was already worrying about how to disable the OTN updates...
Just checked the "normal" service menu - and indeed your are able to switch of OTN with the standard service menu.
Patrioter

Post by Patrioter »

Okay, did I understand right:
I can use my adapter and plug into jack of my Android or PC an play the wav File to got access to Service menu???

Greetings by Patrioter
UEXXF6470
with Softwareversion:
T-MST12DEUC-2117,BT-S/G
rooted
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Patrioter wrote:Okay, did I understand right:
I can use my adapter and plug into jack of my Android or PC an play the wav File to got access to Service menu???
To access "normal" service menu it's only needed to press INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER on remote control from TV off.
To access extended service menu from "normal" service menu, yes this procedure applies but prefer playing wave with PC, most Android devices/cellphones won't have enough volume on audio out for it to work.
McFly

Post by McFly »

@Patrioter: Before messing with the IR adapter, you should try to find OTN support in the normal service menu. As I said, on my F series I didn't need to enable extended service menu to disable OTN updates.

Regarding the IR adapter: I don't think this will work. The adapter is just single channel (mono) and for the wav files you need two IR-LEDs (a stereo IR adapter). This is because the desired frequency is build up of two single frequencies which are played simultaneously. This is at least how I understood the procedure...

By the way: anybody nows what "OTA support" is? "Over the Air" I guess... Should this also be deactivated?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

McFly wrote:Regarding the IR adapter: I don't think this will work. The adapter is just single channel (mono) and for the wav files you need two IR-LEDs (a stereo IR adapter). This is because the desired frequency is build up of two single frequencies which are played simultaneously. This is at least how I understood the procedure...
You're right. The photo is not clear and I even first thought there were 2 separate mono connectors :D
Anyway, building your own IR transmitter costs less than $1...

@Patrioter
You were talking about Android devices, don't you have one with built-in IR?

ps: no idea what is OTA support but it's obviously not needed to disable it to avoid updates (btw it's OFF by default on my TV :) )

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”